• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexiSignPro 12 Not Saving Registration Marks

bartm160

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue we're having with Flexi...

We've been using FlexiSign Pro 12 for a few years now without any major issues.

A few months ago, we noticed Flexi had required us to do a mandatory update, which we did.

Immediately after the update, we started having a problem that we haven't been able to solve as of yet.

After importing a file for print, we selected "contour cut", and saved the settings, then selected the registration marks and printed the file. After the file was printed, we saved the file as a flexi file.

After allowing the print to cure for a few days, we went back to physically contour cut the printed image but we noticed that the registration marks that we previously selected in Flexi when the item was printed had now been changed or re-set to a different style of registration marks.

After changing the registration marks back to the original style we had when we printed the item, it does not solve the problem and the laser eye on the cutter is unable to find the registration marks once this occurs.

We've contacted Flexi and their advice was to uninstall and re-install which didn't seem to help a bit.

This has been very frustrating as each time this re-set happens we lose several days worth of prints that are curing, so we have to re-print and wait several more days.

This re-set seems to happen completely at random but generally about every week.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can't help on how to fix Flexi, other than uninstalling and dragging the installer into the recycle bin.
But you should be able to re-generate the crop marks to match what was printed earlier so you don't waste the material.
Can you take notes on the settings used to make the crop marks for the print and then re-rip the file or whatever it takes to have Flexi set up a new cutting file?
I have Flexi 12 and I use it as a RIP only.
I set up everything in Illustrator or Corel with a hidden layer holding the cut lines. Gives me lots of flexibility if I need to change something in the contour cut file after the print has run with the registration marks. Cutting Master that came with my Graphtec takes care of setting the marks up & cutting them.
With Flexi being the "Total Solution" for a sign shop there has to be a way to recover those marks.

wayne k
guam usa