• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flood fill in onyx

Mariocesar

Hello, I need to print directional signs for a mall, is going to be on plexiglass with white back ground, printing on an arizona flatbed, trying every setting, Flood Fill, Fill non image area, and don't work I did it once long time back but don't remember and file is gone, any help will be appreciate.

Thanks

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I believe you'll need to use "Quality Layered" as your quality setting, which should enable spot color generation.
You may also need to be using a quickset that is set up for cmyk -> spot -> spot in the layer options (or whatever layers you're looking to use)

Mariocesar

Thanks for your feed back, yes I have the white print mode selected and enable the spot color and flood fill, but prints the white flood fill around the image, needs to be all white.
thanks White Haus, I tried that to, using a Quality Layer and cmyk -> Spot1 color which is the background and prints the same all white around.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
If the RIP won't do it for you, edit the file to INCLUDE a White_Ink FILLED Object. Set to Overprint in Illustrator or whatever Graphics App you are using....this is Caldera's setup normally....and try to rip with that object on Top. That should get you the result you want.

Mariocesar

I tried I place a white filled layer and don't work.
At the beginning when I enable spot color and selected flood fill, prints but with the image between 2 layers of white ink I can see the image like a sandwich.
thx

iprint

I tried I place a white filled layer and don't work.
At the beginning when I enable spot color and selected flood fill, prints but with the image between 2 layers of white ink I can see the image like a sandwich.
thx
You are almost there. Right click the file in RIP Que and go to "edit layers" I think. From that prompt you need to move your image layer up to the top. I haven't been on Onyx in a few months so I may not be 100% correct, but am pretty sure that you just have the layers in the wrong order.

Bly

You are almost there. Right click the file in RIP Que and go to "edit layers" I think. From that prompt you need to move your image layer up to the top. I haven't been on Onyx in a few months so I may not be 100% correct, but am pretty sure that you just have the layers in the wrong order.

Right click job > edit printer settings > define layers.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Thanks so much guys, my last post was before Bly replied, I follow Iprint and Bly advices and worked, thanks again!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I've definitely been there with trying to figure out all the layer and spot fill settings, hard to remember all the steps sometimes!