• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Floor Decals Pricing

JamesLam

I have been asked to provide a price to a client for 500+ 12" round floor decals. Being a government job they are unwilling to share a price range that I can target. Of course this is difficult as the quality and pricing options for materials is all over the map with some laminates and media costing four times as much as others.

It would be helpful if any of you can share your pricing targets for 12" floor graphics with laminate with a three to six month lifespan.

I'm in Canada, but maybe keep answers to US dollars for simplicity.

CanuckSigns

Have they called for a certain media or certain slip ratings? That would be the starting point. We have made a ton of these in the last year and usually government has the materials called out.

Our summa f1612 would make very short work of these, so our pricing would likely be lower then if you are cutting these on a normal plotter then cutting out individually with a knife and ruler.

Sero

The company I work at would price each one at 17.86$. that's if they're all of the same design, if they're not the same desgin, each would be at 24.81$ but considering the amount we would get them 15-20% discount

ikarasu

We just did 1200 12" floor decals for $8 a piece.... using IJ40 / 8509 (crapy floor combination, but it was at the height of Covid...all that was available and what 3M Said to use). Now we use IJ40, or a high tac depending where it's going... and a nice thick floor overlam. In Canada.

You can buy 12" 4 Mil floor graphics from trade partners for under $4 a decal with next day turn around... I imagine you're going to be getting people going a bit above that in price range. Government jobs are always cut throat... I doubt you can get much higher than $5-6 a decal, especially if there is no specs... in our area if they dont spec stuff out, people will be bidding using cheap $100 chinese rolls of vinyl and saying they work as floor graphics.

Not saying the $3.60 a decal is good material... It's likely a one step product that'll last for 3-6 months. But when people come in at those prices, you're stuck giving a low budget solution as well... unless they specify which material to use.

To put it into context... I've sold some decals to high schools using Orajet 3105HT and 3M 3645. The price was insane compared to what others offered... But they've been up for over a year in high traffic schools and look just as good as the day they went down. I've had a few schools calling and asking for them because theyre tired of replacing decals every 2 months. Sometimes cheaper isn't better... If you can, I'd submit 2 bids... one with the budget option, and one with the higher priced option explaining the decals will last for as long as they want them to, not just 3 months.

JamesLam

Have they called for a certain media or certain slip ratings? That would be the starting point. We have made a ton of these in the last year and usually government has the materials called out.

Our summa f1612 would make very short work of these, so our pricing would likely be lower then if you are cutting these on a normal plotter then cutting out individually with a knife and ruler.

We have a HP 365 and a Summa D160, so production shouldn't be too much of an issue.

As far as any specs, they did offer a sample which the liner shows as being 3M 40C print film, of course I have no idea of the finish and what the lam is.

JamesLam

We just did 1200 12" floor decals for $8 a piece.... using IJ40 / 8509 (crapy floor combination, but it was at the height of Covid...all that was available and what 3M Said to use). Now we use IJ40, or a high tac depending where it's going... and a nice thick floor overlam. In Canada.

You can buy 12" 4 Mil floor graphics from trade partners for under $4 a decal with next day turn around... I imagine you're going to be getting people going a bit above that in price range. Government jobs are always cut throat... I doubt you can get much higher than $5-6 a decal, especially if there is no specs... in our area if they dont spec stuff out, people will be bidding using cheap $100 chinese rolls of vinyl and saying they work as floor graphics.

Not saying the $3.60 a decal is good material... It's likely a one step product that'll last for 3-6 months. But when people come in at those prices, you're stuck giving a low budget solution as well... unless they specify which material to use.

To put it into context... I've sold some decals to high schools using Orajet 3105HT and 3M 3645. The price was insane compared to what others offered... But they've been up for over a year in high traffic schools and look just as good as the day they went down. I've had a few schools calling and asking for them because they're tired of replacing decals every 2 months. Sometimes cheaper isn't better... If you can, I'd submit 2 bids... one with the budget option, and one with the higher priced option explaining the decals will last for as long as they want them to, not just 3 months.

You know I think this is the appropriate route to follow. It creates somewhat of a beta test and allows the purchasing department to make the decision. And we avoid trying to be all things to all people when that is not possible.

Another thing to keep in mind as well is that (in Ontario anyway) Provincial Covid -19 initiatives and funding that the regional governments are able to apply for are funded with the knowledge that the money makes it's way across the community, not just to the lowest bidder.

JamesLam

The company I work at would price each one at 17.86$. that's if they're all of the same design, if they're not the same design, each would be at 24.81$ but considering the amount we would get them 15-20% discount

This is terrific, thanks very much for the input.