• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor digital vinyl no lamination

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Sure, any floor vinyl will work without lam. It will just be trashed, scratched, scuffed, etc very very quickly. No printers ink is going to hold up under sand/dirt/grit etc under peoples shoes. Full solvent, eco, latex, will make no difference.

Unless you are reverse printing on clear maybe..... but then what will prevent eventual (and pretty much guaranteed) ink transfer to the floor?

Matt-Tastic

first off, a print with no lam would wear off within weeks or months depending on foot traffic on it.

Second off, OSHA regulations for floor graphics require them to be non skid.

you can put whatever you want on a floor, even without lamination. It just doesn't make good sense.

I guess I should of been more clear. That it could be unlaminated and within OSHA regulations. This would be for more of a weekend sale type of set up not long term

ProWraps

osha has nothing to do with making sure the quality of your product is good.

if you have any questions, print on any substrate you have, and run your fingernail across it backwards with the smooth side. use about 20 lbs of pressure.

unless this is going in a place where everyone wears newborn baby cat fur on their feet for the weekend, and they all weigh less than 20 lbs. a lam is needed.

omgsideburns

There is one for sidewalks, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. It's super thin so rough texture of a sidewalk breaks through it real easy, but it gives it like permanent grip.. Only way to get it up is with their special tape, or a pressure washer.

I hate that stuff.

CanuckSigns

the laminate will help with removal as well, I can imagine an unlaminated vinyl on the floor would come up in tiny pieces when it's removed.

floor laminate is fairly inexpensive.

iprint

Asphalt Art carries a couple of products that would work. CatWalk or TexWalk

I have not used the TexWalk, but the Catwalk is nice. Printed UV, a large 8' diameter graphic has held up wonderfully with daily foot traffic in a dirty warehouse. Mops up nice leaving the image looking as good as the day it was printed. I would say the Catwalk would be more long term than the TexWalk.

Stinky Prints

Bringing this one back to life. Catwalk is the only product we can get a hold of right now that does not require lamination. Searched the forum and other than the one mention in this thread, didn't see any more real life (other than folks speculating) experience regarding using Catwalk without an overlaminate. Working on a job for our local airport. Have you used Catwalk, unlaminated in an airport, mall, grocery store? If so, how did it hold up? We'll be printing on HP Latex and cutting with our Graphtec FC8600. Would like to think these are short-medium term, but all bets are off at this point.... here's the product (https://www.jessupmfg.com/products-solutions/graphics-media/shop-by-brand/catwalkr.html). Please share your experience with Catwalk!

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

I guess I should of been more clear. That it could be unlaminated and within OSHA regulations. This would be for more of a weekend sale type of set up not long term

Any of the floor vinyls I've seen that do t need to be laminated are significantly more expensive than regular vinyl and floor lam together. I don't see the point for 99% of applications

Stinky Prints

Thanks Canuck - Our labor still comes at a pretty premium here in our little (expensive) resort town (Jackson Hole, Wy) so I am trying to cut out a step or two. We have done a ton of them laminated, but just trying to streamline. Found the non-slip rated laminate to be a little on the spendy side also.

rjssigns

Thanks Canuck - Our labor still comes at a pretty premium here in our little (expensive) resort town (Jackson Hole, Wy) so I am trying to cut out a step or two. We have done a ton of them laminated, but just trying to streamline. Found the non-slip rated laminate to be a little on the spendy side also.

On campus there is an Alumigraphics print leading into the wrap bay. Had quite a bit of traffic before the CoVid deal. I was in there last Thursday and it still looked good. Some light scuffs and that was it. Can't remember if it was solvent or UV printed though.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We use Walk and Wall. Can't laminate it....it's textured for its intended purpose. We've done for outdoors as well as indoors and works great. One outside our front door gets plenty of foot traffic and have replaced it twice in 2 years. As long as someone isn't sitting there trying to scuff it with golf shoes or something it will be fine.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We prefer to buy in textured floor vinyls. Vinyl + lam is usually around £10 sq/m for decent stuff and we get in the textured floor graphic material that’s R12 anti-slip rated for less than half that.

Got one we done on the Colorado just after install in the print room at the main door and it still looks good as new. The scratch resistance of the Colorado ink is great though. I’d never manage it without lam on the mimaki.

CVS

We used Drytac Spot On Floor Graphic for an event last year and it worked fine . I wouldn't use it for any social distancing decals, but promotional stuff is fun.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
DryTac SPOW54098 is an R11 rated anti slip vinyl that requires NO lamination. I printed one on my Vutek and stuck it in the middle of the warehouse. After 2 weeks of pallet jacks, forklifts and foot traffic. Still stuck to the concrete, still legible, still anti slip.

Ldireprophil

What about this?

Attachments

• 04F4DBC1-1A88-4C45-B17E-19255507198A.jpeg
    04F4DBC1-1A88-4C45-B17E-19255507198A.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 179