• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FOjr: Best way to treat missdirected nozzles ?

Newbie_on

Hey Folks,

I wanted to get some advise here,

I got some misdirected nozzles on the black head. I have done multiple cleanings, manual cleanings and soak the head, and still no luck.

Any other tricks or should I replace the K head ?

Thanks In Advance !

Attachments

• FOjr test.jpg
    FOjr test.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 121

MacDaddy

If you spend enough time with it you can always get ALL nozzles back provided there is nothing physically wrong with the Head...

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
Soak it more! Lint free cloth on top of capping station with alcohol on it, raise the head so it will get on top of the lint free cloth. Once on top lower the heads. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes. remove lint free cloth and do a few powerful cleanings then nozzle check. Repeat as necessary!

jiarby

How messy is removing the head?? I am picturing ink squirting everywhere like the Black Knight meeting King Arthur in that Monty Python movie...

Jackpine

Having same issue with my prism jet extra,does any one have the answer?
The Prism Jet is the same printer but labeled from Sign Warehouse.
I would soak the print head and than do a cleaning. Make a test file with solid blocks of color so each print clean ink. I have one with c,m,y,k,r,g,b, and a grayscale and a bitmap woodgrain pattern. This covers the need.

samigascon

enter cr mode

put cleaning solution with a sringe in that square where the head sleeps when you turn plotter off

end cr mode (to put the head in the sleep box)

enter maintenace mode... (top, right and down keys pushed at the same time while turning on the plotter)

go to endurance... pump

turn on the pump, and let it some minutes working... that will eat lots of ink, but its the best way to clean very clogged heads

R08

Thanks for trying to help, but I do not have a VJ. I got a FOJr....

Still got misdirecting K nozzles, I think the next thing to do it is replace the Black head...

I've had the same problem with black on my FO 48" and nothing is working for me either . I think I'll have to bite the bullet too and get a new head too.