• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Font Color printing wrong

I make my signs on Corel Draw and it shows the correct color of blue that I want, but when I go to print it on the Roland TruVis 540 it proceeds to print it in the default blue color instead? Why would it switch it? Thoughts? Thanks, as I am new to printing.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Let's look at some things
1. type of file printing i.e. eps, pdf, tif etc.
2. printing from a RIP or direct
3. CMYK, RGB, PANTONE blue

Let's look at some things
1. type of file printing i.e. eps, pdf, tif etc.
2. printing from a RIP or direct
3. CMYK, RGB, PANTONE blue
It is a pdg, and printing from a RIP. It is RGB on my file in corel.....so do I have to change settings in Versa Works?

KrisMalby

I would find a pantone colour switch the artwork to that also ild save as an eps just my opinion though you can make some changes in versaworks but ild start there. what might be handy for future and what i do is in corel you can create a swatch so you can see how your printer interprets colours. its easy to do they have a built in macro.

jimbug72

I don't know much from much, and I definitely don't know how a pdg file works, but I DO know that if I run a PDF through Versaworks and it has transparencies in the file, it can do all kinds of wonky things to the colors of objects in front of or behind the transparencies. My first step would be to listen to KrisMalby and find a Pantone match, and save as an EPS or JPG or something besides PDG and see if that helps.

I don't know much from much, and I definitely don't know how a pdg file works, but I DO know that if I run a PDF through Versaworks and it has transparencies in the file, it can do all kinds of wonky things to the colors of objects in front of or behind the transparencies. My first step would be to listen to KrisMalby and find a Pantone match, and save as an EPS or JPG or something besides PDG and see if that helps.
Thank you I will try that!

Thank you for the help!