• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font for bronze plaque

Chuck Peterson

I do a lot of bronze plaques and come across this font often. I usually substitute something similar. This time I need it really close. I am referring to the font of all the lines of copy. Highway Gothic is pretty close but not quite it. The cross stroke in the A is too high. Anybody know? I don't know which foundry made it.
USMC 1.jpg
USMC 2.jpg

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The top 3 choices from a Find My Font search are:

Desert Road (Regular)
PRINTF (Regular)
Instruction (Regular)

All are available at Dafont.com

Sandman

The font is such a basic san sarif font I don't see what the big deal is. On a second thought, the plaque shown in the picture sure isn't holding up very well. At only 27 years old it looks pretty rough and I'd change to a different supplier.

shoresigns

So, after having another close look at this, I think your best option would be to replace all the text with a condensed width of DIN. It's similar enough to both fonts on the original plaque that I think it would work well as a replacement.

There are many foundries that have released their own versions of DIN, so I would start by comparing FF DIN, PF DIN, DIN Next and URW DIN to see which one you think would work best.