• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Help Please

phototec

Does anyone know this font? The "5" has a unique tail.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Attachments

• 67631006_683600302116831_5748822242616147968_n.jpg
    67631006_683600302116831_5748822242616147968_n.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 121
  • FIND FONT 2.jpg
    FIND FONT 2.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 115

unclebun

Don't know the name of it, but it's certainly ugly. The watercraft owner should take this opportunity to put something good looking on there.

phototec

Don't know the name of it, but it's certainly ugly. The watercraft owner should take this opportunity to put something good looking on there.

Well everyone has an opinion, just glad I live in America where we are FREE to choose whatever font we like and not worry about the font Gestapo.

unclebun

That font is available at marine supply stores in a large sheet of letters and numbers. Comes in different colors too. But when you install them be sure to put the required space between the sets of letters and numbers. TX 5215 AY, not TX5215AY.

phototec

That font is available at marine supply stores in a large sheet of letters and numbers. Comes in different colors too. But when you install them be sure to put the required space between the sets of letters and numbers. TX 5215 AY, not TX5215AY.

Thanks for the info, I ended up creating my own artwork for the customer, I will be digitally printing and laminating the numbers. Can I ask where you found the info on the unique spacing for the boat number?

Attachments

• BOAT NUMBER PROOF 3.jpg
    BOAT NUMBER PROOF 3.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 95

unclebun

It's on the piece of paper your DMV gives you when you license the boat. There has to be a space between TX and the numbers, and between the numbers and the last two letters.
https://www.boat-ed.com/txb/tx_specific_images/graphics/tx_validation_decal.jpg
https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/owner/titles_and_registration/
Placement of TX Number and Decal on Vessels:
  • TX # and validation decal to be placed each side of the vessel, near the bow, in such a position as to provide easy identification.
  • The number must read from left to right, be in block characters of good proportion not less than three inches in height and be of a color that contrasts with the color of the vessel.
  • The numerals must be separated from the prefix and suffix by hyphens or equivalent spaces such as the following example: TX 0001 GG or TX-0001-GG.
  • The validation decal must be affixed in a line and within three (3) inches towards the rear of the boat from the registration number (an example is shown on the decal document).