• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Font ID Help Please

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Can anyone help me identify this typestyle? Client took a rubbing of a tombstone and needs to match the type. Closest I can get is the "Americana" family, but my Americana has "thick/thin" strokes. This one has a more consistent stroke width.
20180606_104016.jpg

shoresigns

Also note, depending how old that tombstone is, you may not find a digital font that matches. Today's digital fonts are primarily based on historic printing typefaces, not so much on engraving styles (they used to be two entirely separate things, of course).

If you can't find a tombstone font, your best option might be this service from the Monument Lettering Center. They also have some fonts for sale that might match.
Inscription Matching Service

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Thank you for your help shoresigns! Client doesn't have the funds to pay the original monument/memorial company to engrave/blast the date of death, so he's looking for a stencil so he can engrave it himself. :(