• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID help?

Case

Can someone help me with the font for Kewanee in the attached image?

Thanks ahead of time...

Case

Attachments

• kewanee.jpg
    kewanee.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 113

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Head lettered, as is the secondary text. Whoever did it has a slight problem with 'S's. In the title all three 'e's are slightly different. Any title copy in most old logos are hand lettered. This one doesn't appear any different.

Case

Head lettered, as is the secondary text. Whoever did it has a slight problem with 'S's. In the title all three 'e's are slightly different. Any title copy in most old logos are hand lettered. This one doesn't appear any different.
Thanks Bob, I didn't take a good look at it... Appreciate the response...

Case

shoresigns

Just because it's hand lettered doesn't mean someone hasn't designed a font based on it! That, or the hand lettering could also be based on a standard lettering style that someone has made a digital font of.

Indiana Script - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There's a number of fat and fat on the bottom scripts. The one referenced above isn't even close to the original but there's a host of others. Check out letterheadfonts.com for a number of examples.

TimToad

That Indiana font isn't that close at all. It resembles a Shlitz beer logo more than the beefed up version in the photo.

The plate on those machines were most likely screenprinted originally from hand cut films.

shoresigns

I didn't say Indiana Script was a match, but it's obviously an interpretation of the same script as Kewanee. They're far too similar to not be closely related.

I also brought it up because it might make a good starting point for anyone doing a vector of the Kewanee logo.