• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID Please

geb

I need to find the name of this font provided, hopefully the quality of the scan will work.

Thank-you and Happy Holidays.

George

Attachments

• MID HUDSON.jpg
    MID HUDSON.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 118

geb

Bitstream Cooper Medium or Cheltenham Bold Headline both look real close, but not sure if they match.

George

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I am unable to get a match for you George but would disagree on the two you suggest. The angle of the serifs on the "S" places it in the classification of an "old style" serif. Some of the closer fonts I came across were some versions of Caslon, Bookman, Brighton and Century Old Style (shown in the example on top of your original reduced to black and white).

I suspect that whoever did the original setup condensed the width of the font and then stroked it to make it bolder ... reducing the thick/thin contrast in the process.

Attachments

• MID HUDSON.jpg
    MID HUDSON.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 108

geb

Thanks so much for helping me Fred. I thought it may have been condensed alittle also, but your description proves it and sends me in the direction I need.

Thank-you Fred for helping me on Christmas Eve and Happy Holiday's.

George