• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ID

Ldireprophil

Which font is this?

Attachments

• font ID.JPG
    font ID.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 120

unclebun

Anyone who does signs should become familiar with the basic fonts. Swiss 721 is basically a knockoff of Helvetica that comes with Corel Draw. You should become familiar with it and a couple of dozen other common fonts. It will save you a lot of time. Learn to recognize the quirks of those fonts' letterforms, and it will make your life much easier. When I started doing signs, our sign software came with 100 fonts, and there was a poster with them on it. I got to know all of them and could recognize them on sight. Even when they upgraded to 200 it wasn't too hard to remember almost all of them. The reality is that you don't really need all the others out there except that with everyone using computers and having access to 30,000 fonts without cost, we spend all our time trying to match fonts because they want us to duplicate their lettering.