• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font identification

SIGNificant

I can't seem to come up with a match for this. Plenty that are close, but not quite what I need.

If anyone could lend a hand here, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Matt

brnsv.jpg

SIGNificant

I think the Gothic 821 Condensed is going to work!

How were you able to id that so quickly? Do you use this one often?

Thank you!

JBusch260

No problem! I have yet to buy the software for font identification. So for now, I use whatfontis.com. If you have a crisp image, it can easily pick out the letters and match them best as they see. If there is fuzz or grain, it makes it a little harder, but it's a free option that works a good portion of the time.

SIGNificant

I guess I've never had to id a font before, because I had no idea there was a free option. Would have been nice to know that before I looked through my 5000 fonts.. :)

Thanks again!

JBusch260

Any option besides scrolling through fonts is definitely a time saving option, especially if you don't end up having that specific font. Glad to help.

If whatfontis doesn't work, there's always whatthefont as a backup. I prefer whatfontis though, they give you more options.