• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font ignorance, Sign recreation

Jwalk

Hello this first link is where I inquired about what font this may be.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?128034-Seeking-a-cure-for-my-font-ignorance:noway:

Well I finished long time ago, no trouble , pretty fun job. There was nothing there to recreate so I used old pics that weren't that good to began with. Definitely not pristine they were actually terrible. I used the pictures found on google , I posted them below too, also added the skewed version I skewed ,because there was no way to get a straight on shot of this. I recreated it in illustrator, just redrew it didnt use a template of another font, and then made paint mask. I didnt "fix" it so the quirks and "mistakes" I left in.

here's a pic of the wall I painted over then two example of the finished product. Plus what I worked from to recreate.

This is the picture I used to recreate the sign. I had to skew it in Photoshop. As you can see the quality is terrible.

This is the skewed version.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Close resemblance. Yours is a little more looser than the original, but that probably doesn't matter. Did you do this from ladder jacks or a boom ??

You left out a comma...........:covereyes:

Jwalk

,,,,,, there a few more for ya.. 65 foot boom. I'll have a video whenever I get a chance to edit it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
,,,,,, there a few more for ya.. 65 foot boom. I'll have a video whenever I get a chance to edit it.

I don't need them...... you left it out. Don't get mad at me. :peace!:

Looking forward to the movie. Most people say the movie leaves a lotta details out that the written portion had. We'll see.​

Jwalk

oh yeah, I thought you meant the post... wasnt mad just trying to be funny.

that was on another sheet , oh well lets leave that just between me and you ok:wink:

HDvinyl

Trump 2020

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 271

T_K

Looks good. Keeps the old-school hand painted look instead of a crisp modern serif font. I agree with HDvinyl, the pipe is distracting, but I don't know how much control you had over that.