• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Installation - where do I put them?

Allied Digital

Where do I drag the fonts into flexi (both OpenFace and TrueType)?
I have had to reinstall flexi - In the past I would drag them into Windows and re-start Flexi and it would pick them up. Now it only picks up the TrueType.

Can't I just drag them into Flexi? I navigate to >C >Flexi and I see URWFonts, CASFonts and FSFonts. Do I need to go to >Program, >Fonts?

Thanks in advance.

I had a clean install and added a larger HardDrive after a crash. (call me cheap -truth is, I dont have the luxury of time right now to update and re-learn)

Windows XP (32-bit) Flexi 8.1 (or .3) if forget -

thewvsignguy

Flexi should just pick up the font/s in your Windows font directory. Either open or true type just install the fonts on your PC, when you open Flexi back up they should be there. I have never added fonts into a Flexi directory, I have added them to the Windows font directory.

We are on Flexi 10.5 on Win 7 and the beauty of that combo is that you can install a new font and not have to close and reopen Flexi. Flexi automatically knows a new font was installed and refreshes your fonts.

Patentagosse

Hey, she's on XP guys...

There's no special trick to get 'em to work. Install all your fonts into Window-»Fonts folder and they should show up when you re-open Flexi. I run 7.6 on XP and do this on a weekly base w/o issue.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you are having problems with fonts not showing up in your font menu, check to see how many fonts are installed in the C:\Windows\Fonts folder. Every computer has it's limits. I recommend you try to keep it to less than 500.

You should also install fonts into Windows using the Control Panel > Fonts > File Menu > Install command or you can have problems with your registry.

OldPaint

WELL I LOVE MY SPACE WASTING FONT MANAGER))))) i think its like 3.3 meg))))))
COREL BITSTREAM FONT NAVIGATOR, its free with any version of COREL 7 or higher.

J

john1

Sign Lady, are you by chance from Maryland?

I seen a vehicle with The Sign Lady on it a few weeks ago is why i asked lol

Allied Digital

no not from Maryland
Visual... got a verbal chuckle here - too funny. I love comin to this place. It always brightens my day:)))):)))):))))

Allied Digital

btw - I shut everything down and flexi pulled them in. Problem solved.
I should heed my own words...aways saying -

"When in doubt: REBOOT!"

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The nice thing about a font manager is that you're able to keep all your fonts in one place (much like the Windows font folder).

But here's where I like the font manager over the Win folder:

1) You have the ability to turn fonts "on" or "off" so they don't hog any ram.

2) You can easily back up the font manager folder easier than you can the Win folder

3) Font migration to a new computer is easier and quicker than the Win folder

4) Font managers have viewing, catagorization and search functions that saves time when it comes to looking for fonts.

JB