• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

font issue

deadman

i have used gerber for many years, and am very comfortable with it. recently thier software has confused me. i am running omega 2.02. i purchased a tt font, and went to install it. instead of installing the font corectly it makes the charactors into odd triangle shapes. is there a way to make this import corectly?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Did you install the font into the Windows/Fonts directory using the control panel installer?

How many fonts do you have installed in Windows and in Composer?

If you installed the font using the control panel, does the font display correctly in other applications that use fonts?

Was the font zipped when you downloaded it?

deadman

fred,

i dropped the font into the fonts folder to install it. it seemed to work fine.

composer and window fonts im not sure on the count, there are quite a few. i tried a couple other tt fonts just to see, and they worked fine, so i took them back off

the font shows installed but doesntr show up in theillustrator font list either

it was zipped when i purchased it

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you turn on the status bar in Windows Explorer it will give you the count of the items in a folder.

Dropping a font into the Windows Font folder can cause problems. I strongly recommend using the install and delete commands under the file menu in this special folder.

When you dropped the file into the fonts folder, was it still zipped? It should, of course, not be the zip file added but the font file contained within the zip file.

Was the font file a TTF or something else?

deadman

it was not zipped when i put it in

it is a TTF

there are 432 fonts

i went back and installed it the way you suggest, and had the same results. frustrated i am!

Dzrt1st

This may be a dumb question, but did you convert it through the Gerber TrueType Font Converter?

Todd

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Send me the zipped version of the font by email to the address in my signature and I'll look it over.