• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Issues in Composer 4

FSDesigner

I have been having a problem with using Arial Black in Composer. Both Arial Black and Arial Black Italic are coming up italic. I can't figure out how to delete a font in composer so I can convert it again. Has this been a problem for anyone else?

Thanks in advance!:banghead:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Never had the problem but here's how to find the file name of the font ...

attachment.php

Select the second text entry tool and click in your workspace.

attachment.php

Click on the Font button to bring up the Font Select dialog.

attachment.php

Select the font from the drop down menu and then click on the View Font button.

attachment.php

The font file name is shown at the top of the Font View window.

attachment.php

Go to the GSPFonts folder to locate and delete the font.

Attachments

• Font.jpg
    Font.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 274
  • Font-1.jpg
    Font-1.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Font-2.jpg
    Font-2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 263
  • Font-3.jpg
    Font-3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Font-4.jpg
    Font-4.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 264

FSDesigner

So, I found where the .gsp fonts were, deleted ARIAL BLACK and tried to re-convert it with my GSP converter and it's wanting to put it back in as italic. I attached a screenshot of what my converter looks like... the first preview looks normal but when I click convert it is italic!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 159

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
So, I found where the .gsp fonts were, deleted ARIAL BLACK and tried to re-convert it with my GSP converter and it's wanting to put it back in as italic. I attached a screenshot of what my converter looks like... the first preview looks normal but when I click convert it is italic!

Never had it happen. As I understand the TTF Converter, it is simply converting to GSF format the glyphs that are there.

What happens if you convert the Arial Black italic version? Is it also italic?

You might want to try uninstalling the Arial Black Italic version from your Windows fonts and also double clicking the Roman version to see if it is correct. If it is, try converting it again without the Italic version being there to interfere.

Tony Teveris

I just noticed that on my Windows 8.1 in the Fonts folder a user can "hide" a font or any version (Bold, italic, etc) of a font. I wonder if that has anything to do with the conversion or reading the font file.

I know within the Composer "small text" font selection dialog the user will NOT see any "hidden" fonts, TTF Converter shows all the fonts but maybe there is an issue reading a "hidden".

T