• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font management software - What do you use?

SignProPlus-Chip

The new system here is Win 7 and my now ancient Adobe Type Manager is outdated and runs buggy, even in compatibility mode.

I see there are a lot of font management programs out there, so what are you using?

My needs are simple, just need to turn fonts on or off at will, search and preview would be a plus, but not a huge deal.

Any freeware out there?

J Hill Designs

kind of a little of both - corel installs it, but its fairly stand-alone, but turns on fonts if they are not on when opening files in corel

TwoNine

Typed "Bitstream Font Navigator" in Google - and it looks like you can just download the standalone version if you'd like to...? Maybe?

SignProPlus-Chip

Typed "Bitstream Font Navigator" in Google - and it looks like you can just download the standalone version if you'd like to...? Maybe?

Cool, I'll Google it when I have a free moment later. I no longer use Corel, so a stand alone would work better for me.

baijurj

i might be a little late, but hope it still can help you.

why not use extensis suitcase fusion (current version is 4 (15))?
we have been using it as far back as i can remember.

J Hill Designs

well this is a fine how-do-you-do -- after nexus searched/catalogued all 35000 fonts on my system, it is now showing ALL of them in my font dropdown lists, slowing my system to a craawwwwwwl.

urg. beware.

the graphics co

font agent pro, works as advertised and allows you to turn your fonts on and off as you choose. Also has a nice preview screen so you can quickly scan through to match up a font to customer supplied artwork or photos.

Richard G

When I first heard they were not going to keep up with the Adobe font manager I started searching for a new font manager. I found Suitecase Fusion from Extensis. I works great and you can add and remove as you wish as well as have temp font files for those customers that have that certain only we can use it font. I have been using it for about 2 years now and really find it to be the easiest one on the market. Suitcase Fusion 3.jpg