Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Software Help Font Management

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by RiXaX, May 17, 2018.

1. RiXaX

RiXaX Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Mendocino, CA
    For years I've appreciated a simple font utility called The Font Thing. I could install or uninstall fonts while looking at a preview. I could open folders of fonts sorted by some characteristic like script or sans serif or bold. I could type in the words I wanted to see the font in. It was fast and simple for me. After moving to Windows 10, this program doesn't work and I'm wanting suggestions for a replacement. Thanks.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Tags:
  2. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
  3. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Central Coast California
    I've been using Suitcase Fusion for many years and have been pretty happy. I'm about to upgrade my computer and update it, but its worked nicely and when I'm organized enough to bother, it offers lots of customizing and organizational tools.

4. jimbug72

jimbug72 Member

Oct 25, 2008
    South Carolina
    I used to use NexusFont and really liked it, but I have moved to Suitcase Fusion because I've found no easy way to transfer my font sets, groups etc. when I upgraded computers using NexusFont.

5. Grafix

Grafix Member

May 19, 2012
    New Zealand
    On the Nexus site it says:-

"* If you having problem on Windows 10 Anniversary Update, disable Windows Font Cache Service."
    Might help you?

6. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

I have been using Typograf (www.neuber.com/typograph/) for many years. Love it. It reads both True Type and Open type fonts.
    Just checked their website and it is compatible with Win10.

7. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SignsSupport

SignsSupport Support & Tech Administrator

Jan 16, 2017
    Cyberspace
  9. RiXaX

RiXaX Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Mendocino, CA
    I have tried the NexusFont and found it not recognizing the post script fonts. I'm now looking at the suitcase fusion. Seems many years back there was a decent font management program with Corel. Is that still the case?

10. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

Yes. It's called Bitstream Font Navigator and it works well enough for my purposes.

• Informative Informative x 1