• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Manager

signs20

We are looking for the best font manager that will work with both XP and Win7. Anyone have a good experience with Printer's Apprentice or a better font manager? Not happy with Bitstream Font Manager. We thought Adobe ATM 4.1 was good, but it is no longer available.

Thanks.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Here's what I use http://www.extensis.com

I have Fusion 3, but looking at all the new goodies with F4, I might upgrade.

What I really like the most is the Font Vault...a repository of all my fonts that can be backed up and migrated to a new computer with a few clicks of the mouse. When I got my new computer last year, it only took about 15 minutes to load all my new fonts from the Font Vault.

Reason #2: Disaster recovery...nice to know that the hard drive in the in the fire proof safe is always on standby.

JB

mudmedia

We are looking for the best font manager that will work with both XP and Win7. Anyone have a good experience with Printer's Apprentice or a better font manager? Not happy with Bitstream Font Manager. We thought Adobe ATM 4.1 was good, but it is no longer available.

Thanks.

I use extensis as well but an older version just havent had a need to upgrade it does all I ask...Its a great program

vid

FontAgent

I recently downloaded the demo (for Mac OS) based on comments from this thread. It's good for other recommendations, too.

I haven't explored it much but it seems to work fine. Try it out and see what you think.

I forgot why I wasn't tickled with extensis the last time I used it. ...but I'd guess there is a demo of it available. Try that one, too!

cgsigns_jamie

I've been using Suitcase 4 and I really like it. My library has 10,000+ fonts and suitcase handles them with ease. I really like the auto activation with all my adobe programs. I even have the ability to use the extrnsis plugin in Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign to activate fonts from my programs without needing to switch over to suitcase. Overall I'm very happy with Suitcase 4, well worth the $99.