• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Font Quiz... Struggle With Font Id. Savills Logo??

Asignisasign

GOOD LUCK all ye sign freaks.
(See last image for common fonts it is NOT)
Please do not suggest any fonts that are in that list!
-cheers!
Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 7.41.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 7.41.20 PM.png

Attachments

• Savills_BOW LOGO.pdf
    4.9 KB · Views: 161

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Well everything about that logo says Helvetica to me -- but altered, slightly. It is a logo, after all, and there is no hard and fast rule that designers can't modify a font when incorporating it into a logo.

An obvious mod is the round dot on the 'i'. Not so obvious is the tail on the 'a'... as it does resemble other fonts, but keep in mind heavier weights of Helvetica also sport the same style of tail. So, my guess is that the logo is Helvetica with mods (two, that I can see).

Now, I have to ask the question, why would you even ask if you already have the logo in vector format? (your attached PDF)

<edit>

But... you never know... tikiboyz just might pull something out the hat for ya...

Last edited:

Asignisasign

Good call... this must be altered. The reason is to add additional copy to match that 'font' with a co-tenant name on one sign face... creating a new combo/logo. Naturally these people are oblivious to existing corporate standards.

I'll be messing with Helvetica... its like a thin version of Helv Blk. w/ those tails.
Thanks for your input.

shoresigns

Hopefully whoever designed this is laughing at us now for trying to identify it!

It seems it could be a hybrid of Helvetica, Neue Haas Grotesk, Neue Haas Unica, Nimbus Sans and Folio. But with a round dot on the i.