• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fonts for this seal?

Ultimate13

Hi All,

We are looking for these 2 fonts. Thank you for your time!

santa fe springs working.jpg

Sandman

Yeah, probably Futura on the bottom but a cheap replicated version since the stroke weights are all over the place.

unclebun

Are you allowed to correct the Latin misspelling? Also, this looks like a vectorized scan from a business card...so the corners of the letters should be sharp, not rounded.

Ultimate13

Are you allowed to correct the Latin misspelling? Also, this looks like a vectorized scan from a business card...so the corners of the letters should be sharp, not rounded.
We barely got them to have us recreate the seal. I don't think at this point I would try to change any spelling mistakes. This seal was on their fire department rigs and appears over the years that no one took the time to make a better vector version of it, instead just replicating this garbage that was probably a scan of something else originally. Probably a screen printed decal or business card. We cleaned up most of it and left some alone and finally got it approved, however he told me they still might change back to the old one if they don't like it. Some people....
santa fe springs seal.jpg

unclebun

Just wondering. They probably don't even realize that in Latin "exto" is not a word. Salus populi suprema lex esto is the state motto of Missouri. It's a quote from Cicero's De Legibus meaning "The welfare (or safety) of the people shall be the supreme law."

unclebun

Also, rather than using an outline of 1957 to cookie cutter the background, you should just use a rectangle to cut the radial lines off straight. That's how the original was done, and it will read better.

Ultimate13

Just wondering. They probably don't even realize that in Latin "exto" is not a word. Salus populi suprema lex esto is the state motto of Missouri. It's a quote from Cicero's De Legibus meaning "The welfare (or safety) of the people shall be the supreme law."
The original was done so long ago that I'm sure no one even knows that it is misspelled or what it even means. I will pass along the info to them and see if we can get them to update it, thank you for the knowledge!

Ultimate13

Also, rather than using an outline of 1957 to cookie cutter the background, you should just use a rectangle to cut the radial lines off straight. That's how the original was done, and it will read better.

I agree with you and did change that. Thank you.