• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Football helmets.

showcase 66

Just got an email from one of our High School football coaches wanting to know if we could do Tiger stripes on their helmets.

Has anyone done this before. I have seen helmet wraps and I am going to assume that is going to be out of their budget.

Would cut cast be the best way to go? They said they would drop off a helmet tomorrow if I needed one.

Thanks in advance.

carter75

The decals we had on our helmets in high school were of a very thick substrate not as prone to damage. Regular vinyl and lam would damage very easily and look bad after minimal wear.

The only way I would see it working was if the helmets were raw, you applied the vinyl and then a heavy clear coat was applied over the vinyl.

Scott Reynolds

If you have a really good cutter, lam black cast with polycarb lamination. Polycarb lam is tough as nails. Applying the stripes would be as tough as the lam though. One stripe at a time with heat would take days. OK, sorry, Ive got nothing....

J

john1

Convex is the proper vinyl for this but i have used 651 and Avery A6 with success. Have done dozens of T's for the local high schools helmets.

ekpolo23

hydro dip helmets

I wonder if you could use hydro graphics like the camodip. I dont know how durable that stuff is though

Hi, Im new but wanted to reply to this , I run a custom sports memorabilia business and we have a guy who custom dips new and recon. helmets for us. The helmet is then coated with 2 coats of hi end auto clear or matte depending on the look and its tuff as nails , looks like it was baked into helmet from the start. Can get a little pricey though.