• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Found ink drain bottle full and overflowing

Tizz

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced or know of my situation.
I performed a scheduled maintenance a week ago, replaced dampers, captops, wipers etc..
This afternoon I found the waste bottle overflowing, looks like the magenta and yellow ink had flowed out into the waste bottle. First time this has happened and I've replaced these parts many times before.

I've just replaced the captop again for the y/m head thinking it may have been a bad one.
Is there anything else I should look at?

Thanks in advance.

ams

Was it empty and then filled up quickly? or did you let it go too long without emptying it?

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Did you loose ink in cartridges? If yes you left the hose from the pump out of the holder and it siphoned out. It needs to be above cap base.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yup, most likely a siphon or wicking issue. If the cap tops were aftermarket it is possible the sponge was too high or even jkust a small fiber was sticking up a little too high. This allows the ink to absorb into it from the head and then it starts a siphon. It can also happen if the waste tube was submerged in the waste tank ink. It also happens when you do a head soak overnight and don't clog the waste tubes first.

Tizz

Thanks for your replies.

At the time of maintenance waste bottle had around a qtr of ink. Waste line is short and doesn't extend over the screw cap of bottle by no more than 2cm.
Replacement parts purchased from DigiPrint.
Lost just about all of the ink in both y&m carts.
Hand851, Im curious about the hose from the pump out being out of the holder and needing to be above the cap base. Im not sure if mine is our or not. Pic attached.

Tizz

Pic attached

Attachments

• 20180206_072627_resized.jpg
    20180206_072627_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 180

Tizz

Aha! That's something I've never had on mine.. Thanks Terry01.
I think I've been lucky for the many years I've had this machine, till now.

Thank you to all for your input also.