• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fred, are you going to allow this?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well that's it! I've had it to here with Beaver Falls, PA. They'll get no more of my business. I'm dropping beavers and will be buying nothing but woodchucks from now on.

C

ColoPrinthead

Well that's it! I've had it to here with Beaver Falls, PA. They'll get no more of my business. I'm dropping beavers and will be buying nothing but woodchucks from now on.
:Big Laugh Made the switch years ago. Never going back.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
As if any "downtown USA" can stand to lose the business nowadays...hmpfff.

Looks like dogs will have to high-tail it to the strip malls...where they'll get a leg up the competition.

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
As if any "downtown USA" can stand to lose the business nowadays...hmpfff.

Looks like dogs will have to high-tail it to the strip malls...where they'll get a leg up the competition.

JB

Oops...that should have said "leg UP on the competition".

JB

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I love dogs as much as the next guy. In fact, I've been a dog owner many times. However, I was always a responsible owner and took care of my dogs and made sure they weren't a threat or a problem to anyone else.

Looks to me as if it's not that they're banning dogs or people from having dogs, just walking them in a business district where people are tying them outside. How would you like to be a business owner and someone ties a somewhat fierce dogs that barks and growls at you and barely lets you pass him without crossing the street around him ??

I can see that the other side of the coin is probably one of desperate business and store owners having business disrupted by stoopid dog owners who think it's funny to tie up a dog in a public area without any supervision. A dog like pictured in the article is certainly not going to kill you, but it could be disruptive according to what kind of business you have.

Just over the weekend, I was visiting a friend. She just moved in this past June and her neighbor keeps a beagle in a little 3' x 3' house caged in a wire fenced area about another 3' x 5' up off the ground, so the dog is constantly sitting, standing or laying on heavy wire flooring. Nice guy, but it gets better. The dog barks and cries all day long. He let's the dog out around supper time and ties him to a tree in the back yard. Then the dog stops yelping, but it does growl at you whenever you walk around in your own yard.

Can you imagine having a dog.... any kinda dog.... big, small, mean or whatever... tied to a telephone pole in front of an ice cream store while the owner goes in for 10 minutes ?? How bad is that ??

Other than the city ordering a ban, the owner has no say in the problem.

Sorry, but I do see the validity of this possible ban, if people can't behave better.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I love dogs as much as the next guy. In fact, I've been a dog owner many times. However, I was always a responsible owner and took care of my dogs and made sure they weren't a threat or a problem to anyone else.

Looks to me as if it's not that they're banning dogs or people from having dogs, just walking them in a business district where people are tying them outside. How would you like to be a business owner and someone ties a somewhat fierce dogs that barks and growls at you and barely lets you pass him without crossing the street around him ??

I can see that the other side of the coin is probably one of desperate business and store owners having business disrupted by stoopid dog owners who think it's funny to tie up a dog in a public area without any supervision. A dog like pictured in the article is certainly not going to kill you, but it could be disruptive according to what kind of business you have.

Just over the weekend, I was visiting a friend. She just moved in this past June and her neighbor keeps a beagle in a little 3' x 3' house caged in a wire fenced area about another 3' x 5' up off the ground, so the dog is constantly sitting, standing or laying on heavy wire flooring. Nice guy, but it gets better. The dog barks and cries all day long. He let's the dog out around supper time and ties him to a tree in the back yard. Then the dog stops yelping, but it does growl at you whenever you walk around in your own yard.

Can you imagine having a dog.... any kinda dog.... big, small, mean or whatever... tied to a telephone pole in front of an ice cream store while the owner goes in for 10 minutes ?? How bad is that ??

Other than the city ordering a ban, the owner has no say in the problem.

Sorry, but I do see the validity of this possible ban, if people can't behave better.

I see your point but I think the bigger problem is the tendency for government to take away everyone's rights in any given matter in order to resolve the bad behavior of a few offenders. It's easier/cheaper than imposing less harsh restrictions that deal with the specific issue and actually having to enforce them.

signage

Gino these same people that tie the dog while they go shopping also do not clean up after their dogs! So either someione steps in it and tracks it around or a business owner needs to clean it up!

signage

Fred I tend to agree with you, but it seems anymore that people do not have manors anymore! Everyone only thinks of themselves, dose not care about others or their property!

HulkSmash

My dog is my shadow. I couldn't imagine not cleaning up after him.. he's like my child..What really rustle my jimmies is when i walk around in my neighborhood... see someone walking a dog.. and the dog take a massive dump.. and they leave it there. I have 2-3 poop bags tied to my leash at all times just in case that happens...so i can pick up my dogs doo doo....

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If the ban goes into effect how will the dishes get cleaned?

Attachments

• want_last_licks.jpg
    want_last_licks.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 74

Bill43mx

The article lists 2 problems....dogs tied to parking meters and owners not cleaning up their dog's "mess". So we have to ban ALL dogs from that area? How about a nice fine for tying your dog to a parking meter (oh hell, how about just for leaving it unattended in a public place?) and a fine for not cleaning up after your dog? (btw, isn't that littering and isn't there already a fine for that?) It really isn't that hard to address the actual problems without going overboard and banning everything!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Gino these same people that tie the dog while they go shopping also do not clean up after their dogs! So either someione steps in it and tracks it around or a business owner needs to clean it up!

..and then...

Fred I tend to agree with you, but it seems anymore that people do not have manors anymore! Everyone only thinks of themselves, dose not care about others or their property!

Just so you know it's 'manners' not 'manors'.

There are a number of things in life, this being one of them, where there are many valid reasons to do or not to do something, be it wear a helmet will riding a motorcycle, have an abortion, or deal with your pets intelligently.

But not one of these reasons, nor all of them together, are sufficient to enact a law forcing you to behave one way or another in any of these things.

Freedoms are always forfeited for a 'good reason' but should the 'good reason' cease to be a 'good reason' because the moment has passed or whatever, you never get your forfeited freedom back.

Specimens such as yourself who only seem to deal with terms like 'everyone' and 'no one',' always' and 'never, and other pairs of endpoints instead of the far more accurate 'few', 'some', 'many', 'seldom', sometimes', 'often', etc. seem to encourage such foolish legislation.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The article lists 2 problems....dogs tied to parking meters and owners not cleaning up their dog's "mess". So we have to ban ALL dogs from that area? How about a nice fine for tying your dog to a parking meter (oh hell, how about just for leaving it unattended in a public place?) and a fine for not cleaning up after your dog? (btw, isn't that littering and isn't there already a fine for that?) It really isn't that hard to address the actual problems without going overboard and banning everything!

This won't work.
Dogs will just find a way to do their business incognito.....

wayne k
Guam usa

Attachments

• tumblr_lp057vnZxj1qzdlzeo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lp057vnZxj1qzdlzeo1_500.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 84

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, again.... in this instance, I don't think government is jumping in and running anyone's life or habits.

In any town I know of... there are laws on the books about pets leaving pee or turds behind and the pet owners to clean up their respective dog's messes. Try and catch someone in the act of doing this would take quite a bit of extra personnel just to police dogs' excrement. Sounds like something we'd all be up in arms about to protect the rights of a few by wasting more tax dollars. Seems, since a certain few can't control themselves.... or their dogs, they all pay the penalty. No one allowed.... the end. A few ruin it for the masses. This is a problem that's been happening through the ages.

The spread of disease, the smell, the pure look of turds laying all over your pavement and you have to clean up someone else's messes...... I would shoot their frickin' *** if they came back and did it a second time, but how do you catch them the first time to put a sticker on them expressing they have no more chances left ??

You'd have to be on dog watch duty while they are doing their duty. Sounds stoopid to me.

Where I live.... everyday I pick up beer cans, soda cans, hamburger wrappers, water bottles and other litter at the bottom of my property from people driving by throwing THEIR garbage and trash on my property. There's a law against that, but no one enforces it, so I have to clean it up or be cited for someone else littering on my property and my not keeping my property clean. Make sense ?? F*CKING A NO. Is it fair ?? F*CKING A NO. So, even though it's against the law, it still happens, so fining these pet owners is a pure waste of time. You can't run a business and hire a pooper watcher for the front pavement. Just get rid of the problem by getting rid of all the dogs big, small and in between and perhaps then, they will be cited by a normal cop.

OldPaint

while living in sarasota, fl. the county put in a sidewalk across my front yard. i could see the advantage of it EXCEPT.......IDIOT DOG OWNERS!!!! my lawn went right to the side walk. total frontage was maybe 100 ft. seemed like EVERY DOG decided to poop or pee in that 100 FT!!!! not one of these bozo people WOULD CLEAN UP AFTER THEIR DOGS. i finally made 3-4 of these and stuck em right where the dogs would get their leashes wrapped around them!!!!

Attachments

• poopzone.jpg
    poopzone.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 60

SD&F

It always seem like the intelligent common sense people who know what the right thing to do is and do it are constantly being penalized by the idiots who are to lazy to do the right thing or to stupid to know what the right thing is. Ignorance is bliss for those that are, but the rest of us suffer for it