• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fred- Clicking on thread links opening web pages in background...

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Wasn't happening when I checked new post this morning... came back at lunch today and seems every new post thread I click on opens some random webpage. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sounds like an operator problem. There is a webinar later today on effective link clicking. :dog42

Seriously though ... give me a link to the post(s) that gave you a problem.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 1.56.51 PM.PDF
    68.5 KB · Views: 110

victor6er

Just did it for me too on my tablet that has never done it anywhere else.

Popads dot net was what came up. It was the thread about bn20 ink disposal. Its not thread specific and im not seeing it come up again.

letterman7

Nope, same thing here, very randomly. The pages linked were not to ad pages, but to other sites like this http://www.countnews.com/early-impr...edium=editorial&utm_campaign=featured-article and http://www.carspoon.com/videos/?utm_source=pa&utm_campaign=AOL&utm_medium=promotion

Nothing on my Malwarebytes, nothing showing in Kaspersky on my end. Weird thing is it happened on every click on topic, went out of the site and back in again a few minutes later (checking to see that, indeed, I had no infiltrators in my system) and the link pages didn't happen.

Very strange...

Chasez

getting same thing here, avg returns no virus and malware returns nothing either... happens when I click on a post.

Chaz

jfiscus

Rap Master
I got it here too just now. Only happened once for me though. I don't think it is me clicking links activating it; I think it is one of the "banner ads" running a plugin to pop up a secondary window.
I'm running professional malware/virus/adware software here...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't find anything on the server causing it but I did also have it happen to me once today. I've contacted our server tech guy. Hopefully he will get to the bottom of it.

skyhigh

Here too
Mine had a link at the bottom of the pop-up that said click here to remove the adult p*** viruses.

LMAO......I didn't think that was a good idea.

S'N'S

Mine came up when I clicked on an email link that was sent to say someone "liked" one of my posts, and it opened my profile page and then all this other crap. (this was on a tablet, hasn't happened on the computer........yet). I run ad-blocker on my computer tho.
Speaking with my geeky son I would say it one of your ads.

Techman

check your browser helpers or plugins or add ons. Whatever you want to call them.. .. See if one strange one is installed. They will not show up as malware.