• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free Avery Vinyl

SignStudent

I surprisingly couldn't find a post about this but has anyone else gotten the free wrap vinyl from avery? I just got 54"x25yd of the ez rs stuff along with matching laminate. Free stuff makes me excited lol.

I heard about the promotion from my Fellers rep so I'd suggest checking with them if you don't know about this.

The warranty is pretty good too IMO. You get $10 psf back if it fails.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I surprisingly couldn't find a post about this but has anyone else gotten the free wrap vinyl from avery? I just got 54"x25yd of the ez rs stuff along with matching laminate. Free stuff makes me excited lol.

I heard about the promotion from my Fellers rep so I'd suggest checking with them if you don't know about this.

The warranty is pretty good too IMO. You get $10 psf back if it fails.

Sounds like an interesting warranty to a bunch of folks from a few years back and a calculated gambit by a sleazeball manufacturer. I think they'd do a lot better by just making a public admission and an apology to the industry.

CanuckSigns

lol, $10 per sq/ft is nothing when you consider the labour involved in removing the old vinyl and adhesive, and the cost of buying new (non avery) vinyl.

Plus i think it sounds a bit suspicious that the have already anticipated their product failing and set a cap on the amount of compensation they are willing to give you, before you even get your hands on the stuff!

SignStudent

Hehe wow I guess I didn't realize just how deep the Avery hate went. Is the MPI 1005 really bad stuff too or is it just the stuff from a few years ago that had problems? I thought I've seen several people on here who liked it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Hehe wow I guess I didn't realize just how deep the Avery hate went. Is the MPI 1005 really bad stuff too or is it just the stuff from a few years ago that had problems? I thought I've seen several people on here who liked it.

pops_blinking.gif
It makes no difference how good or bad the current product is. The fact is that Avery is a bad player and hasn't demonstrated that they have stopped being one. Screw us once, shame on you. Screw us twice, shame on us.

skyhigh

This was replaced last week. This was up for 2 years, then all of a sudden...."POOF". The black outline (backer) was oracal. The week before last was yet another Avery failure of their white reflective.

I'm done with their product.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Attachments

• 0620112050.jpg
    0620112050.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 111

HulkSmash

I know they've screwed a few in the past, i dont use their cut vinyl... but i know for a fact that their new wrap vinyl can't be touched. Best Tac, install time is cut by 40%. it's great stuff.

SlightlyChilled

Mixing vinyl is like crossing the steams. Why would happen it would be bad...

Sorry I know that really has no value just popped in to my head. I love ghostbusters

CanuckSigns

you could cut the vinyl into little strips, it makes a great valentines or anniversary gift for your wife, tell her she never has to buy those expensive waxing strips again!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I know they've screwed a few in the past, i dont use their cut vinyl... but i know for a fact that their new wrap vinyl can't be touched. Best Tac, install time is cut by 40%. it's great stuff.

More than a few, but hey, you're entitled to your opinion. We can only hope others take such comments with a grain of salt.

HulkSmash

More than a few, but hey, you're entitled to your opinion. We can only hope others take such comments with a grain of salt.

I respect that. A couple of avery reps stopped by a couple minutes ago, and after a long extensive talk. They know they did wrong, and are trying to make it up every way they can right now. They swear in every direction their new stuff is the prophecy. Guess we'll find out.

Tim Kingston

Well I tried it. Great for repositioning, saves on pre-mask. I practically begged my boss to go back to 3M control tac, however. I just couldn't get it to print without banding/ print quality issues , usually starting about 5 feet into a job. I tried everything, heat, no heat, feed calibration, ICC / factory color profiles etc. I went back to 3M, Rite Media, Image Perfect, everything else prints great. I've had enough. F@*#ing stuff seems to repel ink instead of accept it. :covereyes:

skyhigh

you could cut the vinyl into little strips, it makes a great valentines or anniversary gift for your wife, tell her she never has to buy those expensive waxing strips again!

:ROFLMAO:

You don't think it has enoug tac to remove anything, do ya? All it will do is leave a matted adhesive residue behind.

Then what? :rolleyes: