• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free logo

SignManiac

Well not really. My son has a wholesale seafood business in New York and is expanding into produce as well. I told him he needed a better logo than what he had been using, so I decided to fix him up. He wanted to pay me for it but I feel funny taking money from him. Maybe some lobsters instead!

It's already been approved and started for production. Going on truck doors, box truck sides and maybe I'll do up a new building sign for him.

But I'd still like to hear what could have been done different to make it better if anyone cares to throw their .02 cents in?

Thanks

Attachments

• JoeyD's.jpg
    JoeyD's.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 87

Scott Reynolds

I think when a logo makes me hungry, you did a great job!

The only thing I can think of to make it better would be "scratch & sniff". Melted butter....

ucmj22

it's not bad, and I'm sure its better than the original. That being said, it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis. The veggies look more like trimmings on the lobster plate than something that is offered for sale. The 3 fonts and the way they are stacked right on top of each other hurts readability and cohesion. I guess I would like to see the "seafood and produce" better incorporated in to the logo, because right now it looks a little tacked on.
not bad though, collect your lobster and move on. :)

HulkSmash

it's not bad, and I'm sure its better than the original. That being said, it seems to have a bit of an identity crisis. The veggies look more like trimmings on the lobster plate than something that is offered for sale. The 3 fonts and the way they are stacked right on top of each other hurts readability and cohesion. I guess I would like to see the "seafood and produce" better incorporated in to the logo, because right now it looks a little tacked on.

I agree. Nice start, but really looks like trimmings more than produce.

Craig Sjoquist

My 2 cents Outstanding start as normal.

1st seen was seafood & produce could stand better reading.

2nd was after mentioned veggies could stand better defining.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, I thought it looked great, but thought something was not quite right with the lettuce and stuff, until I saw ucm's post. He hit the nail on the head. The produce doesn't say anything but background. Compared to the lobster which dominates, the broccoli is still in the rubber band.

Maybe have the lobster punching through the background circle holding lettuce, cauliflower and tomatoes in his claws...........

SignManiac

Nice insight. Amazing what an extra set of eyes can see. The circular background is a plate. I guess I should have spent a little more time developing the produce side. I might go ahead and tweak it further if for no other reason than to show them side by side for comparison.

Jackpine

I got the plate and the spinach, radishes and the cauliflower.....but I like and buy fresh produce..... nice work.

2B

agree with this, after looking was the lobster an after thought? it looks sorta like a last minute thought that was dropped in the top layer of the design. Seems a little out of place and that you are only dealing in lobsters. It does have a solid foundation and the coloring is good

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It looks like one of the praised versions of the design for a plumber in another thread. Same elements, different copy and decorations.

As noted in yet another thread, drop shadows on the white surround tend to not only be dubious in that there is no apparent surface upon which to cast the shadow, they also can be a problem when actually producing work using the design. Try casting shadows only on other design elements. Otherwise you make the indefinite white surround part of the design.

Finally, the little black pointy lines on the sides of the ribbon seem incongruous with flavor of the rest of the design.

TammieH

I see nothing wrong with the font choices, you could do a lot of things...but
I believe it does what it needs to do, it is readable, catches the eye and its an attractive layout.

Jillbeans

It's OK if someone else did it but it's not up to the standards of what you usually produce.
The lobster looks real, the produce looks fake.
The black is too strong on the banner.
You have hard drop shadows mixed with soft drop shadows.
"Wholesale" doesn't match anything and is kind of just hanging there.
The plate doesn't look like a plate.
I think you can do better.
Love....Jill

qmr55

I like it. I agree with ucm's post.

One thing I want to add is I think this would have been a great opportunity for a cartoon illustration for John Deaton!

signswi

Did you do the lobster art? It looks like it's a bit differently styled than the rest. I only ask because it's quite a bit more detailed than the rest of the design, and purchased stock art can't be used in logos without violating stock art EULA (also means you can't trademark the logo...). If you did, it's nice, just put that much effort into the rest of it so that it all looks like it belongs together.