• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free Shipping vs Flat Rate Shipping

Would you prefer free shipping on orders over $99 or a flat rate shipping of $9.95?

• Free Shipping Over $99

Votes: 78 75.0%
  • $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping

Votes: 26 25.0%

• Total voters

Nick

Merchant Member
Would you prefer free shipping on orders over $99 or a flat rate shipping of $9.95?

Replicator

I would prefer FREE shipping on orders over $75 which is what I get from all my suppliers . . .

and $4.95 - $9.95 on everything under $75

TheSnowman

I actually had like three vendors competing for my business, and they each were within pennies of each other on pricing. They asked what they'd have to do to get my business, I just said, free shipping on anything over $50, and you've got a deal. Haven't gone anywhere else since, unless they don't happen to carry what I need.

Ken

Oh, I get flat rate for $11..up to 5-7 cartons...but sheet material is charged to me unless I buy 1000 bucks worth...then it is free. Understand..my material comes from Vancouver...about 5 hours away...so...that's what I get.
Actually, my supplier has been quite lienient on this, 'cause I have been ordering steady...oh, bout 2 grand a month...I know...not a big deal...but free shipping gets my vote.
Cheers!
Ken

Last edited:

Nick

Merchant Member
Due to the suggestions, we have decided to try free shipping on orders over $75 until the end of the year.

trakers

Free shipping is pretty much expected these days. Although it is not really "free", we all know there are costs involved (And UPS is on the verge of raising prices yet again on top of that bogus "fuel surcharge" which seems to remain even though fuel has gone back down), companies that charge shipping instead of building it in give somewhat of a sour impression.

For instance I needed to order some C-channel posts the other day. The posts were $120 but the friggin shipping was gonna be $70. Fug that. I found another supplier.

I think the free shipping on $75 order is appropriate if you can swing it. I am surprised the other vendors haven't raised their minimums lately.

Owning a WFP means it is very easy to make a $75 minimum, just throw in an ink cart which will be used in short order.

Now if you really want to gain some recognition and customer buzz, sell the 220ML Mutoh carts for $29.99. That would be sweet!