• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Free Standing Display On Foamcore

gplough

I'm creating a free standing display on 1/2" foamcore, it's going to be 38” x 87”. I'm curious if anyone has used the spider feet bases for this application and if so, size recommendations. Also if there are other options that might work better.

Thanks,
Greg

ADuke

I am also working on a free standing display. I found these unico Bases from VKF Renzel while reading Sign and Digital Graphics magazine preferred vendors lists. I have not personally used them but maybe they would work for this application.

Unico Base | VKF Renzel USA Corp.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i have used a base like those. not sure of the brand. but they was just black long triangles that bolted together through the substrate
i tried foamcore but had to switch to something with a metal core.
the foam wasn't ridged enough to stand up right with out waving around a lot or bending way over.
this was for a 84"x36" sign

ADuke

At that price it looks like they need some competition.
I did actually find another company that sells these but I asked them for a quote 2 weeks ago, I've emailed and called them twice and they still haven't given me a price so I hesitate on giving them out as a supplier. VKF contacted me right away, gave me a price within an hr and answer all of my questions.

klmiller611

We purchased a bunch of spider feet to use for exactly this. They work well, but if the floor is a bit unlevel, you may have to do some bending to make them level out. I don't remember the exact size, since its been 6-7 years, at least, but I think they are about 18 inches across and we had no problems with them. Still occasionally use them.

Ken Miller