• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Freelance Graphic Designer Wanted

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Looking for a qualified freelance designer with experience in the sign manufacturing industry. All candidates should have experience working as a sign designer capable of producing both conceptual renderings for presentation as well as detailed scale drawing for pricing and manufacturing. Logo creation a must as well as wrap design. Would prefer someone who as also worked with installation and production of vehicle graphics. Candidates should be familiar with Signlab (not imperative), Adobe illustrator and Photoshop. Potential candidate must have a positive attitude and be a team player with the ability to work well under the pressure of meeting client deadlines.
Resumes may be sent barb@silvertipgraphics.com
Please send some samples of work along with pricing for different job descriptions.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Might I ask, what or why you want a freelance person to be a team player and have all those other qualifications ??

Sounds more like you want an employee or part-timer.

Propaganda Ink.

Professional Propagandist
IMHO the best way to find the right person is to have them apply their talent to a case study that is real or you create to test them. Portfolios are subjective and you don't know if the client had an endless budget and brought in volumes of detailed information or if they had a $30 budget and said 'run with it'. Also, google has made a lot of terrible graphic artists seem like they are the Michelangelo of the digital world when in reality they just downloaded a pirated copy of Photoshop 4.0 and they use Papyrus on everything they do.

Silvertip

IMHO the best way to find the right person is to have them apply their talent to a case study that is real or you create to test them. Portfolios are subjective and you don't know if the client had an endless budget and brought in volumes of detailed information or if they had a $30 budget and said 'run with it'. Also, google has made a lot of terrible graphic artists seem like they are the Michelangelo of the digital world when in reality they just downloaded a pirated copy of Photoshop 4.0 and they use Papyrus on everything they do.
Thank you for the advice. We have successfully hired freelancers and had very good luck in the past so I can trust my vetting process once they apply.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Freelancers are usually not team players. That's why they're freelance. They work for themselves.

Silvertip

Freelancers are usually not team players. That's why they're freelance. They work for themselves.
We have had very good luck with the freelancers that we have hired and I will expect that we will have that same experience once we hire our next designer.