• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fried Main Board

davesgraphics

I am a new user with a cjv 30 -130 i tried to clean the print head(big mistake) from what i have been told is that i likly fired the main board. I have an opportunity to get it fix but im not sure what the fix would be. Some say its a capacitor but i have no idea.

Are there any companys that fix the main boards as well as do refurbish dx5 print heads.

davesgraphics

Well i have read alot online and contacted a dealer.

All i have is the green power light on the front of the machine.

And i cleaned the print head with alchol

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The green power light is hooked directly up to the power supply. They designed it this way to let you know that the power supply is working but the brains of the machine are dead. The machine also has limited protection from shorts especially when it comes to the head. Sometimes the issue is just that the head cable is shorting out due to damage, improper installation and/or ink splatter on the leads and the printer tries to protect itself from damage by not turning on all the way. Check your cables and make sure they are perfect.

Unfortunately, most of the time this issue means you have truly fried the main board and should be able to be repaired. Finding a reputable place is hard though and I don't have any suggestions other than I have used my local music equipment repair guy for these types of things.

And finally but definitely not least, your head is most likely fried as well. If you mix solvent inks with alcohol, the ink immediately coagulates. If you just cleaned some outside surfaces you might be alright but if you flushed the alcohol through the head while ink was still present, it's cooked. For cleaning surfaces and non-ink related parts alcohol is fine. Any part that comes in contact with ink should always be cleaned with the manufacturer's, or equivalent, solvent cleaning solution. Anything else and you are taking a risk.