• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frustrated application...

Cynosure

I am trying to apply a 4' x 8' print to a 6mil sheet of max metal using my guardian laminator. The problem I keep getting is channels of bubbles. What would cause this? Not enough pressure, too much pressure, static? Using oracal 3551 film and 290 laminate. Any tips preventing this is appreciated. I wish I had photos, but wasn't smart enough to take them before ripping the print off the board in rage. Material is about .25" thick and I set the laminator to .105" and .215", both same results (though .215 had substantially more).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3SixtySigns

Sounds like too much pressure to me. Has the laminator been calibrated? Crowning can be an issue depending on pressure points

Christian @ 2CT Media

The guardian is a Crowned roller afaik, is you are getting it to the sides it's not applying enough pressure, if you get it in the center it's too much pressure.

Cynosure

Cold. Too much pressure then. That's why I thought raising the rollers would help but the .215" made it worse.

Cynosure

Never had it calibrated per se. The company that sold it too me came and turned some screws, but nothing calibrated about that.