• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Frustrating Illustrator PrintCut Problem

ElJay

Printer: Roland Sol Jet Pro II SC-540
RIP: Roland COLORIP ver. 2.2

Sometimes when I add a cut path to images in Illustrator, two identical cut lines, one on top of the other, will appear when I open it in the RIP, causing the plotter to cut the file twice. There is only one cut line in the file. It seems to happen randomly, but possibly more often with complex images with clipping masks and what not. I have no idea why it does this.

Here's what I do:
-Select path to be used as cut line
-Create swatch named CutPath
-Change to Spot Color
-Stroke .25
-Miter Limit 1

Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone?

Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

DandM

Outline isseus

I have had simaliar isseus i think it is all about looking in de outline you will find a thick line there that will be shown as a in side and a out site line.
when you look in the image it will probably be white.
Best way to work around this is make to new line's and torn one in to a different color.
I hope this will work for you

Salmoneye

Do you use the flatten transparency option? There is also a outline stroke option there that can get you if it is accidentally checked.