• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FSpro 7.6 v.2 ...No HASP Replacement from SAI??

Onebadbug

Ok haven't had allot to say here over the last year or three... maybe more...but none the less I thought I would ask anyway... Anyone here ever had to replace their HASP for a Flexi product? ...Or short of buying it over again

A few months ago my son started making hand painted custom remote controlled car bodies. First it was one or two then ten & now he has so many to do a week I figured since I still have my old Ioline I/S 130 plotter and flexiSIGN I was going to try and help him out by making & showing him how he can do pre-cut designs for him to save some time...

So I dragged out the plotter... found the flexi box, installed it and come to find the HASP was missing... So I send off a message to support with SAI... and all I get from them is too bad so sad? WTH! I have the original reciept! All the original registration & documentation and I still even show in their database as it was originally registered, the date, the version, the vendor (sign warehouse & I pretty much got the same answer from them but I can upgrade to V10 for another $900.00)... and so on down the line...

And when I asked SAI about a replacement hasp all I get is...a stuffy response coupled to a "too bad so sad" excuse & I should just go buy a new version for another $1,600.00? on top of the original $1,400.00 I originally paid? ..I bet allot of us only wish we could afford doing it once let alone a second time around...

Sorry SAI if thats how you treat your customers... you just lost a fan...

anyone have any ideas?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
From what I remember they were around $50 for a replacement as long as they got the old one/broken one back.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Then why didnt they tell him how much for replacment?

Maybe they did but he doesn't have the old key.
I could use a couple keys myself... :wink:

Also, they may not manufacture the keys anymore. I believe the more recent releases phone home through the internet.

iSign

Then why didnt they tell him how much for replacment?

replacement means one thing to one person, and one thing to another... the post before yours said "$50 for a replacement as long as they got the old one/broken one back. " I never heard $50... I remember Gerber used to offer this for $250 I think.. ("as long as they got the old one/broken one back")

If you have an employee burn a copy of the install disc, or a "friend" ..and then when you're not looking, he steals the dongle... HE'S the one getting that original $1500 (or $2500 or whatever) value out of your original purchase price, and yeah... too bad, so sad... losing your wallet is just as bead as getting pick pocketed because when your moneys gone, you're s.o.l.... this is nothing new!!

it doesn't matter if it's $20 worth of technology to provide a new USB hasp... someone else may haave yours in use at a sign company up the street... so unless you got an old broken one to return, it's not a "replacement" hasp... it's another software purchase!

Onebadbug

Here you go... in their own words directly from the mail they sent me back... So in effect I am now S-O-L!

"Hi Gene,

Unfortunately there are 2 issues regarding your situation.

1. The usb "dongle" is the license of the software, so even if it got lost we cannot simply replace it.
You can contact your local dealer where your purchased Flexi from, and I believe they may be able to give you a small discount on upgrade to version 10.

2. We no longer support Flexi 7, so even if we wanted to send you a new key we no longer have any keys for Flexi 7.
Furthermore, the company that made the keys for Flexi 7 does not manufacture keys any longer, so there's not even an option to get a new key.

Best regards,

Eduardo."

Wow.. I'm just so warm and fuzzy when I spend $1,400.00 to a company that can give a ratz a$$ about their paid in full customers. I don't care if it was version 1 or version 311! you would think they would at least do something to rectify it... and to say their MFR doesn't make them anymore? What does V10 come with A HASP! I even sent them a picture of the hasp, The original receipt that I took the day I got it (which I did because the vendor I bought it from, Sign Warehouse in Lysle, IL said to just in case it ever got lost, broken, stolen or whatever & needed replacing. And I remeber him telling me that with the original # that come on it (not the user # but the actual 16 digit lock code) they just burn you the correct new key for that version....

I don't know... Pretty much looks like I'm just screwed I guess..

iSign

You lost your chit dude... Why does that keep seeming like their fault to you ??
Do you only read the replies that agree with your point of view? Your viewpoint is wrong here... It sucks that if it is as you say, your vendor lied through their teeth... But at the least you should get it that if you have anyone to blame (besides whoever lost your chit), it's your lying vendors fault, not SAi (or Flexi)...

Last edited:

signage

Dude how many times do you think they hear this! Maybe you sold it on ebay and burned your own copy and claim you lost your dongle, now there are two copies under the same number.

buttons

Here you go... in their own words directly from the mail they sent me back... So in effect I am now S-O-L!

"Hi Gene,

Unfortunately there are 2 issues regarding your situation.

1. The usb "dongle" is the license of the software, so even if it got lost we cannot simply replace it.
You can contact your local dealer where your purchased Flexi from, and I believe they may be able to give you a small discount on upgrade to version 10.

2. We no longer support Flexi 7, so even if we wanted to send you a new key we no longer have any keys for Flexi 7.
Furthermore, the company that made the keys for Flexi 7 does not manufacture keys any longer, so there's not even an option to get a new key.

Best regards,

Eduardo."

Wow.. I'm just so warm and fuzzy when I spend $1,400.00 to a company that can give a ratz a$$ about their paid in full customers. I don't care if it was version 1 or version 311! you would think they would at least do something to rectify it... and to say their MFR doesn't make them anymore? What does V10 come with A HASP! I even sent them a picture of the hasp, The original receipt that I took the day I got it (which I did because the vendor I bought it from, Sign Warehouse in Lysle, IL said to just in case it ever got lost, broken, stolen or whatever & needed replacing. And I remeber him telling me that with the original # that come on it (not the user # but the actual 16 digit lock code) they just burn you the correct new key for that version....

I don't know... Pretty much looks like I'm just screwed I guess..

Read their response again... the MFR that makes the dongle for V7 no longer makes them. It's a different MFR for the new ones.

Onebadbug

All valid points but... as well as myself misplacing the dongle goes yes that is my oversight...

But this is what irks me... what is the point in registering ANY legitimate paid-in-full product for ANY support type issue? And lets face it... people sometimes do actually simply misplace or loose things... Keys, wallets, contact books come to mind... And then more or less to be told from the company where you fully registered you legitimate product you in a nutshell are simply told ...sorry ....just go fully pay for it again..? With no regard that you have all of the credentials... the receipt... the registration... In your hand?

Sorry that's just a sad excuse in poor support... Especially if you are the bonafide sole registered owner.

signage

Yea but how do they know you didn't sell it to someone else? Just because you registered it doesn't prove you didn't sell it!

Onebadbug

Yea but how do they know you didn't sell it to someone else? Just because you registered it doesn't prove you didn't sell it!

You're right ... I'm a thief and should be treated as such by companies that are also thiefs in their own right...

what confuses me then is why I kept my machines and sold off the dongle but kept the software license that needs to have both for flexi to work as it was intended and makes my machine both run.

There is no point in selling the dongle alone.

when you install, if you do not have the proper 16 digit license code that is inside the box it will deny access from the code not matching the license # that is burned in that dongle... I know this first hand as my friends would not work on my machine and vice versa... though his was the expert version and mine was only the pro version when he was teaching me how to use it better way back when...

Graphics2u

You're right ... I'm a thief and should be treated as such by companies that are also thiefs in their own right...
No you're not a thief. But unfortunately many in the world are and you're suffering the consequences for their actions. And many wouldn't think twice about selling a copied disc and then trying to get a new replacement dongle. Is it fair? NO! But sadly it's the way it is. But what you're wanting is for Flexi to fix a problem that you created by misplacing the dongle. It would be like buying a new laptop computer and registering it and years later losing it. Then call up Dell and ask them to send you a replacement because you had registered the one you lost. It ain't gonna happen. The fact is the Dongle is what you're buying not the disc and the software on it that's included for free.

I'd be much more ticked if I had a damaged dongle and they told me I can't get it replaced, which it sounds like is the case with that version also.

cajun312

Since you have your original purchase paperwork and all serial numbers you might check into dongle emulation software. I know it's out there, don't know if it will work though.

Onebadbug

No you're not a thief. But unfortunately many in the world are and you're suffering the consequences for their actions. And many wouldn't think twice about selling a copied disc and then trying to get a new replacement dongle. Is it fair? NO! But sadly it's the way it is. But what you're wanting is for Flexi to fix a problem that you created by misplacing the dongle. It would be like buying a new laptop computer and registering it and years later losing it. Then call up Dell and ask them to send you a replacement because you had registered the one you lost. It ain't gonna happen. The fact is the Dongle is what you're buying not the disc and the software on it that's included for free.

I'd be much more ticked if I had a damaged dongle and they told me I can't get it replaced, which it sounds like is the case with that version also.
I understand any companies rights to their product(s) and to protect their product as well from piracy... Every product I own is legit for just that reason I'm not a person that needs any squabble of ethic issues... get the job done and start on the next. That said if they just leave a legitimate customer with zero option to rectify a legitimate issue from a legitimate customer what so ever... It just leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth.

Instead I wind up with Excedrin Headache #773 while sticking to the rules.
:banghead:

...Oh well I guess I just blow the first 100 cuts direct from Corel thru the Ioline floppy disc that came with it... what a pain... (somehow Iolines software has some crazy scale issue when you go to cut direct from any HPGL exported file ...which was why I purchased Flexi for the shop back then in the first place)

SignBurst PCs

It is an unfortunate situation. I have heard similar circumstances many times.

Here is my take (and take it for what it is worth): If you lost the dongle, you also lost the 6 digit code that is on the dongle label. That number is all someone needs in order to reinstall the software on another computer. Whether it was stolen or lost, it is gone.

I like comparing it to TV that you bought from Best Buy. If your TV (worth thousands of $$$) was to suddenly to come up missing (or stolen), what would you do? I would probably call my insurance company and file a claim, not drive down to Best Buy and ask for a new one. Essentially, this is the same situation.

It really sucks that you lost it. I understand the frustration for sure, but you have to look at it from the other side too. They sold you software with a security dongle and you lost it. There isn't much that they can do about that. If it was broken, they would try and replace it with a new one (for some kind of fee I would assume). In this situation, it is old enough that they can't get those dongles anymore. But again, not really their fault.

Would you try this with Adobe? Say your Creative Suite software (CS2, many years old and originally cost quiite a few $$$) software was lost or stolen, do you think that they wold just ship you out a new copy and key? I doubt it.

They are not trying to be unreasonable at all. I am sure Eduardo doesn't enjoy the idea of your software being lost. It is not a big consipracy to get you to buy new software. They are just protecting themselves. You may ask, why me? I am not a bad person. I wouldn't steal anything. Why can't they make this one exception? All reasonable questions, but rest assured, it is not just you who has run into this same problem. Some folks are being honest and others are not. It is impossible for SAi to tell who is telling the truth and who is not.

I have met a large portion of the SAi crew and I can tell you from experience that they are a great group of people. I have seen them bend over backwards on many occasions to help out a customer. They are giving you an option. They will discount your upgrade to the current version. You also have options of your own (insurance) and even after your deducible, you may have enough to pay for that discounted upgrade, so it could be very little $$$ out of pocket for you. That soulds reasonable to me.

njshorts

I understand any companies rights to their product(s) and to protect their product as well from piracy... Every product I own is legit for just that reason I'm not a person that needs any squabble of ethic issues... get the job done and start on the next. That said if they just leave a legitimate customer with zero option to rectify a legitimate issue from a legitimate customer what so ever... It just leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth.

Instead I wind up with Excedrin Headache #773 while sticking to the rules.
:banghead:

...Oh well I guess I just blow the first 100 cuts direct from Corel thru the Ioline floppy disc that came with it... what a pain... (somehow Iolines software has some crazy scale issue when you go to cut direct from any HPGL exported file ...which was why I purchased Flexi for the shop back then in the first place)

I'm kind of with you, there has to better way to control licenses than dongles.

Not that it's much better, but try signcut or see if you can get a driver to cut from another program. (didn't read the whole thread so I didn't see if you said you do or dont have corel/illustrator)