• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuji Acuity 2545 opinion

MHester

I'm looking for everyone's opinion. I have an opportunity to purchase a Fujifilm Acuity 2545 flatbed for a fraction of the cost. It's about 4-5 years old. Being an HP latex user, I'd prefer the new HP flatbed, but my pockets aren't that deep. But a Fuji came available and it's a pretty sweet deal. I haven't dealt with UV before, I'm not sure if it's worth the headaches, but I don't know. Folks who have the same printer, are you happy with it? Is it compatible with my Flexi Print & Cut? I'm just looking for opinions and advice. Thanks.

MHester

Nudge nudge, anyone else have any feedback on my querry? I'm trying to get quick feedback, as this is a time sensitive purchase. Thanks!

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I still dont know what headaches you speak of?
This is basically an Oce Arizona. I dont know what the actual model, 350gt maybe? They're getting old now, but they're good.
Depends what your plans are. printing onto rigid materials?
Dont know if it's compatible with flexi, Oce have a partnership with onyx and works flawlessly with onyx.

MHester

I still dont know what headaches you speak of?
This is basically an Oce Arizona. I dont know what the actual model, 350gt maybe? They're getting old now, but they're good.
Depends what your plans are. printing onto rigid materials?
Dont know if it's compatible with flexi, Oce have a partnership with onyx and works flawlessly with onyx.

I'd be running coroplast, dibond, aluminum and acrylic sheets mainly, no thicker than 1/4". Printing rigid materials only, this one doesn't have the roll option added. The headaches I was talking about are just based on folks having trouble with UV inks clogging the heads all the time, always having to clean the system, that's all. Thanks for the info :)

Bly

So it's the same as Oce 350 XT?
We have a 360 GT bought used.
They are starting to age a bit so either be prepared to get real hands on or have a service contract.
Apart from that the quality is great, they don't use too much ink but aren't the fastest flatbed around - about one board every 12 minutes in quality mode.
We do a head clean every morning which takes about 15 minutes.
The nozzles will clog if it sits for too long but are usually easily cleared.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Head maintenance is required on a daily basis. Normal for UV printers. not having an RMO does suck as its very use full for maintenance like checking nozzles.
If the printer is lighty used, then yeah i'd get it. if it's got a lot of hours on it, i'd probably pass.

AlsEU

Acuity 2545 is a quite old version, but (when serviced properly) still can do the job. It's not fast maybe, but printing quality still can be good, just good calibration must be done by someone, who knows the machine. Do you have a chance to verify, how this machine prints? How does the nozzle test look like?

MHester

Acuity 2545 is a quite old version, but (when serviced properly) still can do the job. It's not fast maybe, but printing quality still can be good, just good calibration must be done by someone, who knows the machine. Do you have a chance to verify, how this machine prints? How does the nozzle test look like?
I actually went and looked at it and had a test print made. The machine is well kept and clean, they definitely took care of it. They're still using it today and runs pretty sweet. Nozzle test looked good with exception of the white ink which has a couple lines . If I was interested, I would certainly get a Fuji tech over there to give it a good once over and certify it as good condition and see if it would qualify for a service contract.

MHester

Head maintenance is required on a daily basis. Normal for UV printers. not having an RMO does suck as its very use full for maintenance like checking nozzles.
If the printer is lighty used, then yeah i'd get it. if it's got a lot of hours on it, i'd probably pass.
I think it's pretty highly used. Any way I can get them to run a report and see how much it's been used?

MHester

So it's the same as Oce 350 XT?
We have a 360 GT bought used.
They are starting to age a bit so either be prepared to get real hands on or have a service contract.
Apart from that the quality is great, they don't use too much ink but aren't the fastest flatbed around - about one board every 12 minutes in quality mode.
We do a head clean every morning which takes about 15 minutes.
The nozzles will clog if it sits for too long but are usually easily cleared.
Not sure if its the same as the OCE 350. Not too concerned about speed at this point. Anything is faster than all the manual mounting work I'm doing right now.

MHester

Any one know how difficult it is to get parts for the printer at this point? I know it's old, and I fear I wouldn't be able to find replacement parts if I needed them because they just don't manufacture them anymore.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Not sure if its the same as the OCE 350. Not too concerned about speed at this point. Anything is faster than all the manual mounting work I'm doing right now.
Speed is not the issue. It's the age of the machine and getting parts. best to speak to fuji about it.

AlsEU

Acuity 2545 still has a support from Fuji, so they should provide all parts. Digiprint Supplies also have a lot of them. But be aware, that now it's the oldest model still supported, so it will be probably the first one without official support.

Paul Considine

The 350s are great machines and although they are now in there twilight of years. The components in the 350 are the same as the current 365 product, so in the event that you require parts, Oce or Fuji can and will sell you parts to get you running again.
That said, the only real exception would be the lamps, you'd have to contact the lamp manufacturer.

AlsEU

The 350s are great machines and although they are now in there twilight of years. The components in the 350 are the same as the current 365 product, so in the event that you require parts, Oce or Fuji can and will sell you parts to get you running again.
That said, the only real exception would be the lamps, you'd have to contact the lamp manufacturer.
365 was "current" a few years ago. Then were 4xxx models and since at least two years series 2x/3x is available. And UV lamps in 365 are different than in older 350, it's not possible to swap parts from one model to another. A lot of other parts are similar, that's right.

Paul Considine

Both the 318 & 365 are current in the portfolio and most of the parts in these machines are identical to the older 250/350 machines. Again, the lamps are definitely not compatible.

https://csa.canon.com/online/portal...rizona+318+gl+large+format+uv+flatbed+printer

https://csa.canon.com/online/portal...+series/oce+arizona+365+gt/oce+arizona+365+gt

365 was "current" a few years ago. Then were 4xxx models and since at least two years series 2x/3x is available. And UV lamps in 365 are different than in older 350, it's not possible to swap parts from one model to another. A lot of other parts are similar, that's right.