• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full Color Polybag Signs - Wholesale to Trade Only

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I did a few search's on the forum but couldn't find an existing answer.

I'm trying to convince my friend that it's cheaper to switch to full color polybag signs and to leave them out. Right now he pays someone $50 week to put out about 15 2color coro signs around town on Friday night and then pick them up on Sunday night.

Apparently $50 isn't enough to cover gas and the time spent.

I think it would be cheaper to by a large qty of well designed full color polybag signs and just leave them out.

Is there a S101 merchant member that provides polybag and a cheap stand wholesale to trade?

tsgstl

Is he worried about cost or just bypassing certain sign restrictions in that area? If the city has to keep picking up signs from the same business they might be more likely to inforce the ridiculously high fines imposed on posting signs. He should take your advice and pay someone unemployed to put out 3 times as many.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
According to his guy that puts them out now. He puts about 15 (fifteen) each weekend and picks them all back up. They are simple one color coro signs with h stake.

I wish he would just get a billboard or something. I don't like the random and cheap looking signs people put out. But they are apparently effective.

I figured the polybags would be the cheapest and also the easiest to store if he buys a larger quantity and has to sit on them for a year as they are used up.

CanuckSigns

wait, are you suggesting that he put the poly signs up and just leave them untill they blow away or rip and end up blown up against a fence somewhere?

You do realize that that is the number 1 reason most cities come out with extremely restrictive sign by-laws.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Not my suggestion at all. In fact I already said I hate these cheapo signs planted everywhere.

But the full color poly signs would look better and could be left up for a longer period and in qty would be cheaper.

As for clean up his competitors seem to do a good job and removing the signs frequently. Which is why he has the guy put them up on Friday night and down on Sunday night. He must be paying a LOT for those 1color coro signs to be worth paying someone $50 a weekend to put them up and back down.

If they are cheap enough he can put them up and leave them up for a while and if they are stolen by his competitors (99% likely) he will not feel it so much in his pocket.

Drip Dry

The last time I did them a couple of years ago, Stouse had the best price but, the shipping on their stakes were unbelievably high. I found Fellers sold the stakes with free shipping because the order was over a certain amount.