• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Full print mount edge lift

willkho

Hi all,

Been searching the forum for this question but couldn't find one.
Only about car wrap edge lifting.
Perhaps it's a beginner question.

I've been doing full print (edge to edge) and mounting it to corrugated/acm panel but got a lot of edge lift/peel.
Especially from cold weather to hot.

I normally just mount the whole print and trim it off together with the substrate.
Occasionally if I have a left over substrate then I print it bigger and trim the vinyl using the substrate as the guide/ruler.
ACM panels have the most problem, corrugated platic panel is a bit better though.

Wondering if any one here would like to share the tips how to stop the edge lifting?

Thanks in advance.

willkho

Thanks for all the help.

I was also thinking to trim close to the edge. However, some needs complete cover, mostly the novelty sign so revealing white is not good.

The printer is HP latex (335) and media is Arlon DPF500/510 and Hexis V3000. I mostly use short term monomeric media.

Thanks again.

bannertime

Is it lifting on all edges, two sides, one side? Are you cleaning the substrates? How are you cleaning them? How are you applying the graphics?

willkho

Random, sometimes just a little bit, sometimes one side. it's really easy to lift it up just by touching the edge.

Depend on the substrate, For ACM panel, it always come with the plastic so I don't clean it.
I tried to clean it before but doesn't make any different.

I used a laminator/applicator, stick a little bit of the media to the substrate and put it in the roller.