• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fuzzy bi-directional test prints and solid cyan prints. Please Help!

Prisma

Hi there,

I have a Roland XJ 740 and all in all works pretty well.

However, the cyan and/or light cyan print head may need to be replaced and I would like to know if there is a way I can:
1.- Avoid having to pay the high service fees of my local technician to come and tell me something any of you could.
2.-Maybe avoid having to change one or both print heads.

I've attached several pics showing the how solid cyan colors print fuzzy, as well as Bi-directional test print with the same problem. I've tried aligning all print heads but its not fixing the issue.

Please help! Any and all comments, opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

Juan image_1.jpg image.jpg image_6.jpg image_5.jpg IMG_1385.jpg image_1.jpg image.jpg image_6.jpg image_5.jpg IMG_1385.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Look for a profile in your RIP that is non-variable dot and print a sample cyan square. Usually a non-variable dot profile will be low resolution and fast speed but not always. If it prints a pretty good solid square, it is most likely time to change the cyan head. If it still prints fuzzy, I would start with changing the head cables. It is definitely an electronic issue so it may end up being a bad head board, main board, or slider board. I am willing to bet it is a head issue. When print heads go bad, the smaller dot sizes are usually affected first. That is why your test print looks good. Test prints use the larger size dots.

We have helped many signs101 users install print heads and I would say that about 90% of our customers install their own heads. Check us out at solventinkjet.com