• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gahhh Whats next?

showcase 66

So yesterday plans got changed for Easter. Originally we were going to my father in laws for Easter. Yesterday it was decided we would host a family brunch at our place. No big deal.
This morning, my wife is starting to make the breads and other stuff she wants to make. The stove wont heat up. I mess around with it for a while and still cant get it to work. Have to go and see if Homedepot has one she will want and I am willing to pay. Finally get all that taken care of and bring it home set it up and off baking she goes.

2230 she gives me the run down of all the stuff I am suppose to have done tonight. 2300 She is in bed asleep.

0145 go to take a quick shower from finishing the "list". Turn the water on and water starts spraying from the faucet knob. It started leaking on Wednesday a little bit. Turn the water off and still spraying from the handle. Had to turn the water off at the meter. (I dont have a shut off valve in the house). :banghead:

I need to fix this as soon as possible because with out water, most of the cooking in the morning will not happen.

Homedepot doesnt open until 8 because of Easter and Everyone is suppose to be at our place at 0930. 7 hours from now.

I know this stuff usually comes in threes, so I am afraid of what is coming next.

Man this sucks. :banghead:

Jillbeans

Hey it coulda been worse, you could have went to PA for Easter and driven a relative's car across the state....
:)
My "bad luck" holiday has always been Thanksgiving.
I've had a stove die, with turkey in oveno, one year.
And another year my water heater died and we had to boil water to do up the 37,000 dishes, pots and pans, silverware, and the "fancy" archaic serving implements which only are allowed out of the china cupboard once a year.
(in my experience when a faucet dies it inevitably causes the death of most of the plumbing within 3 feet of it, resulting in at least 3 trips to the hardware store even on a good day. Don't forget that little blue roll of white nylon tape and that weird plumber's putty sh!t)
Hope it works out for you.
The dishes could always be done in the tub if need be, at least you have a new stove.
Good luck, and Happy Easter.
Love.....jill

Craig Sjoquist

Life is a blessing be good or not so good these are the bonuses we get.

If you were a solider in the Mideast right now your petty whines would be a blessing.

There is thousands tales of why you can smile today and everyday.

WildWestDesigns

I woke up this morning to my favorite uncle's obituary, not a good start to the day.

A friend of mine from High School is being buried this afternoon. I'm too far to attend, but neither one of those makes for a wonderful Easter, especially for the guy's 3 kids that aren't over 10.

njshorts

So yesterday plans got changed for Easter. Originally we were going to my father in laws for Easter. Yesterday it was decided we would host a family brunch at our place. No big deal.
This morning, my wife is starting to make the breads and other stuff she wants to make. The stove wont heat up. I mess around with it for a while and still cant get it to work. Have to go and see if Homedepot has one she will want and I am willing to pay. Finally get all that taken care of and bring it home set it up and off baking she goes.

2230 she gives me the run down of all the stuff I am suppose to have done tonight. 2300 She is in bed asleep.

0145 go to take a quick shower from finishing the "list". Turn the water on and water starts spraying from the faucet knob. It started leaking on Wednesday a little bit. Turn the water off and still spraying from the handle. Had to turn the water off at the meter. (I dont have a shut off valve in the house). :banghead:

I need to fix this as soon as possible because with out water, most of the cooking in the morning will not happen.

Homedepot doesnt open until 8 because of Easter and Everyone is suppose to be at our place at 0930. 7 hours from now.

I know this stuff usually comes in threes, so I am afraid of what is coming next.

I hope you found yourself a nice glass of scotch and a cigar, then hit the porch for a bit to clear your head... sounds frustrating as hell.

GypsyGraphics

It DOES suck!

...ya practically pull a rabbit (or in this case easter bunny) out of your hat to host a get-together on short notice... hit the "honey do list" like a champ... only to have it rain indoors on your parade.

funny, when you tell people something good has happened to you... no one ever suggest it could have been better, you could be luckier, you could have won the lottery.

it's not ya only got one "there-there" to give, and it needs to be reserved for the single most unfortunate person on the planet.

there-there, CSDD... i hope it all turned out okay and you have a wonderful easter with your family!