• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Galaxy Note as a tool

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
I've had a Note for the last 3 years, and it is simply the best tool I have for surveys.

The Note lets me go paperless - I can dimension directly on any photo, or even draw a quick layout for a customer to see in the field. I email the pic over and I have dimensions on screen and ready to go.

Anyone else use one for this job?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190611-120135_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190611-120135_Gallery.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 279

OADesign

I've had Samsung phones since the S3. Then made the jump to the Note 5 and have been on the note series ever since (Sans the Note 7). Currently on the Note 8 patiently waiting for the N10. Best, most used/useful, device I've had for years now. I've even given my team here at the shop demos to illustrate its usefulness for work, but to no avail. I love it when they see some of the things I do and ask, "how'd you do that?" And I answer with glee, "...My phone...".
I'll admit, I'm a little put off that the N10 may not have a 3.5 head phone jack. But I don't know why. All my audio devices are pretty much Bluetooth anyway. Even in the car. I guess its the same as always, when something is taken away, and you secretly realize it doesn't even matter in the bigger picture.
*scoffs* "What to you mean cordless phone!!? psfft. How dare you. Are you crazy? How will I walk across the shop without my coily pig tail?"

Last edited:

JTBoh

Same here, Note 5 to Note 9. I needed the extra GB more than anything else - still works like a charm for my kid's nighttime music on wifi.
The stylus on the 9 acts as a remote - so I can position the phone and take pictures from 30 feet away

OADesign

...slide it up and down the wall until it's level, then stick the sign. It also has a hard edge that I can press against a flat vinyl edge under premask and do the same thing."

*GASP* You really do that with your $[insert price of item that I would not dare to slide on anything] phone? Wow. Reading that hurt my soul like when a baby falls head first on the corner of the coffee table or when an elder eats it on the concrete.:oops:

But beyond the phones, the spike by ike is the best investment for doing surveys on a tiny screen."

Yeah I've read about that. I've tried the app. Great idea. But man, the device cost nearly as much as a good smart phone...:(

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Had a Note 4 since the day they were released... excellent workhorse phones.
Currently have the 9 and will use it until it no longer works.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I have up-to-date iPhones and iPads, but this is what I use most of the time for taking notes and field surveys. Very fast, extremely effective, and cheap as hell!

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 223

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The only thing I dont like about the note is the writing is so bad...too small..

I take photos of the measuring tape against whatever there is....that way there is no question.

8ImCoAEhwp-CWnHc1ruaKv6Q72pi2pbe8NOpMET882-DQkGZOcncVOj8cwsF_7Bfe3ssZdja5greC1B-K6G3vzo7AhlNVuCv5WSfDoePm1UKmEgpHNM-3HK37vnW5buvPzLCJIGl2k8=w493-h657-no

JTBoh

I have up-to-date iPhones and iPads, but this is what I use most of the time for taking notes and field surveys. Very fast, extremely effective, and cheap as hell!

Thats exactly why I got the Note, lol. Tired of carrying a camera, pen, legal pad, measuring tape, and a ladder. The 9 is also waterproof.