• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Galaxy SIII or Note II? Which would you get?

showcase 66

I will be getting a new phone the beginning of next week and I was pretty sure I was going to get the SIII until the sprint rep here told me about the Note II coming out. This was a couple weeks ago. Have looked into both and still not sure.

I like the stylus for the note but the size seems a little big for a phone. My cousin has the S3 and he loves it. I have messed around with it and really like it too. I have been to the sprint store hoping to play with the note demo model but they have not gotten one as of Saturday.

Anyone else looking into either one? Any opinions?

I am not looking into and iPhone nor do I want this to turn into an android vs. apple discussion.

Thanks for any advice.

WildWestDesigns

I have actually looked at the Note and had thought about it. What keeps me from springing for it though is that I had already got a new phone a few months ago. The crappy timing of it all.

showcase 66

can't lose either way. I'd get the note. It'll suit me better

Kinda this would be the case. I am leaning toward the Note II. Problem is since it just came out on the 25th no one here will have a case for it. I would probably drop it before I could get a case for it.

KevSign

I am pass Iphone5 this time. Just order Note 2 from ATT will ship Nov. 9th.
Only thing did not like Android battery life will not last.

Last edited:

Mosh

I have a SIII and love it. I bought a stylus (stick used as pin) so customers
can sign for credit card via square, better than a finger signature.
Works great for installs away from the shop card terminal.

showcase 66

I am leaning more toward the Note 2. I stopped by the sprint store today and they have the demo up. Had 3 instock too. The stylus has a feel like my tablet pen in the office. The game draw something would be a breeze on that thing. The only downfall I see is the size. It's fricken huge for a phone. Of course I usually use my Bluetooth so I guess it wont be that big a deal.

Funny to think though, 5-6 years ago, everyone wanted the smallest phone possible where it was almost comical of the sizes to now having a phone that is bigger than my portable hard drive.

If I didnt have to wait until the 1st I would have gotten the note2 today.

CheapVehicleWrap

Thing I don't like about s3 is the hard button and foxfi won't work in either mode. Other than that it's choice. But the hard button I couldn't live with.

showcase 66

Thing I don't like about s3 is the hard button and foxfi won't work in either mode. Other than that it's choice. But the hard button I couldn't live with.

My cousin has foxfi on his s3. He downloaded it from their site. He says it works good for him. We only have 3g here so the speed for hotspot is not that great.

ProWraps

have the first note. will NEVER go back to a smaller form factor phone. get the note TRUST ME. i went up from an iphone, to a samsung sII and then the note.

showcase 66

Stopped in the Sprint store today. Thursday I will have a note 2. They have 4 coming in tomorrow and they said they would hold one for $100 deposit.

Then I stopped in Walmart to pick something up and I walked by the electronics dept and they have the S3 for an upgrade price of $99. Asked the guy there if that was correct and he said it was. Sprint store hast the upgrade as $199. Walmart said they would have the note 2 On Thursday. I wonder if they will be $100 cheaper than sprint. If so, I may go get it there instead.

Edna

Wal-mart is my favorite store. wish teir was on close to me, the neerest is 45 minutes away in another state. :(

TXFB.INS

Stopped in the Sprint store today. Thursday I will have a note 2. They have 4 coming in tomorrow and they said they would hold one for $100 deposit.

Then I stopped in Walmart to pick something up and I walked by the electronics dept and they have the S3 for an upgrade price of $99. Asked the guy there if that was correct and he said it was. Sprint store hast the upgrade as $199. Walmart said they would have the note 2 On Thursday. I wonder if they will be $100 cheaper than sprint. If so, I may go get it there instead.

Sprint will price match take in the advertisement and they will do it in store.
Have done it several times with sprint