Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galaxy SIII or Note II? Which would you get?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by showcase 66, Oct 29, 2012.

1. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I will be getting a new phone the beginning of next week and I was pretty sure I was going to get the SIII until the sprint rep here told me about the Note II coming out. This was a couple weeks ago. Have looked into both and still not sure.

I like the stylus for the note but the size seems a little big for a phone. My cousin has the S3 and he loves it. I have messed around with it and really like it too. I have been to the sprint store hoping to play with the note demo model but they have not gotten one as of Saturday.

Anyone else looking into either one? Any opinions?

I am not looking into and iPhone nor do I want this to turn into an android vs. apple discussion.

Thanks for any advice.

Tags:
  2. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    Love the pen on the Note, hate the size. Between those two it would be the SIII.

3. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I have actually looked at the Note and had thought about it. What keeps me from springing for it though is that I had already got a new phone a few months ago. The crappy timing of it all.

4. Guerilla Signs

Guerilla Signs Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Missouri
    I have a Note and love it. Size is a little big but that is not a problem for me.

5. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    can't lose either way. I'd get the note. It'll suit me better

6. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    +1

7. showcase 66

Sep 23, 2010
    Kinda this would be the case. I am leaning toward the Note II. Problem is since it just came out on the 25th no one here will have a case for it. I would probably drop it before I could get a case for it.

8. Fatboy

Fatboy Very Active Member

I have both.......love them
    :southafrica:

9. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    My wife has the SIII and loves it. I'm thinking of getting one myself.

10. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    I am pass Iphone5 this time. Just order Note 2 from ATT will ship Nov. 9th.
    Only thing did not like Android battery life will not last.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  11. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I have a SIII and love it. I bought a stylus (stick used as pin) so customers
    can sign for credit card via square, better than a finger signature.
    Works great for installs away from the shop card terminal.

12. Max Graphix

Max Graphix New Member

Jul 11, 2010
    i took my galaxy sIII back and pre ordered the note 2 from att says it ships nov 6th

13. showcase 66

Sep 23, 2010
    I am leaning more toward the Note 2. I stopped by the sprint store today and they have the demo up. Had 3 instock too. The stylus has a feel like my tablet pen in the office. The game draw something would be a breeze on that thing. The only downfall I see is the size. It's fricken huge for a phone. Of course I usually use my Bluetooth so I guess it wont be that big a deal.

Funny to think though, 5-6 years ago, everyone wanted the smallest phone possible where it was almost comical of the sizes to now having a phone that is bigger than my portable hard drive.

If I didnt have to wait until the 1st I would have gotten the note2 today.

14. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Thing I don't like about s3 is the hard button and foxfi won't work in either mode. Other than that it's choice. But the hard button I couldn't live with.

15. showcase 66

Sep 23, 2010
    My cousin has foxfi on his s3. He downloaded it from their site. He says it works good for him. We only have 3g here so the speed for hotspot is not that great.

16. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    have the first note. will NEVER go back to a smaller form factor phone. get the note TRUST ME. i went up from an iphone, to a samsung sII and then the note.

17. showcase 66

Sep 23, 2010
    Stopped in the Sprint store today. Thursday I will have a note 2. They have 4 coming in tomorrow and they said they would hold one for $100 deposit.

Then I stopped in Walmart to pick something up and I walked by the electronics dept and they have the S3 for an upgrade price of $99. Asked the guy there if that was correct and he said it was. Sprint store hast the upgrade as $199. Walmart said they would have the note 2 On Thursday. I wonder if they will be $100 cheaper than sprint. If so, I may go get it there instead.

18. Freese

Freese Member

Jan 12, 2011
    can't go wrong either way

19. Edna

Edna Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Wal-mart is my favorite store. wish teir was on close to me, the neerest is 45 minutes away in another state. :(

20. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State

Sprint will price match take in the advertisement and they will do it in store.
    Have done it several times with sprint