• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Galvanized Steel Wrap

Goodtimes808

We Print Almost Everything
Hello, My client wants to wrap the legs on this ferris wheel. They are galvanized steel. In addition, they are ocean front so it will see the harshest elements. I have many concerns. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would you do it? Prep? Material? How long would you warranty it for?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_DD8BA72E6927-1.jpeg
    IMG_DD8BA72E6927-1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 235

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Pretty much every manufacturer is going to tell you that the steel will have to be painted before installing any sort of wrap film. That means sanding, prepping, prepping again when the weather doesn't cooperate, and painting. Then (probably) doing it again because the weather wasn't cooperating! And then wrapping.
I'd tell them they would be better served by doing paint only, but- if they insist on wrapping with vinyl- insist that you have to follow the manufacturer's recommendations to take the job, then stick to your guns. To do any less increases your chances of financial and reputational disaster.
As for the warranty- thoroughly examine the manufacturer's instructions and material warranty to determine what you're willing to offer your customer. I would be hesitant to offer any, other than for install errors (wrinkles, bubbles, cuts, whatever) and far less- if any- on the material than the manufacturer does (another reason to thoroughly explore the manufacturer's spec sheets regarding exposure and film life).

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Don't do it! We print for some of the largest fair and event companies... They will blame you for not being able to see failure points during inspection. Tell them to paint it because they can see stress fractures visually through paint not through vinyl
I didn't even think of that part- good grief! RUN AWAY!