Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamma settings on ips monitor?

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by ironchef, Jul 20, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Hey guys what should i set my gamma settings to? Goes from 1.8 to 2.6. Should my rgb be at 100 percent?

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Without a monitor profiling solution you're just pis**ng in the wind. And once you get that profiled you need to profile, calibrate and control your input and output devices too. Having a profiled monitor is only useful for soft proofing, it does nothing on the output side.

What you are driving towards is a WYSIWYG workflow. Our shop is getting there slow but sure. Ironic thing is I used the money for buying that equipment going to school to learn how to run it. I will be getting an i1 Publish Pro and upgrading our RIP this fall.

Glad to see you got an IPS monitor though. Only way to fly.

3. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Hardware calibrate it. i1 if you already have one otherwise a spyder. Until then your gamma should be 2.2 and use the OS's built in eye-ball calibration to set the rest of your levels/brightness/contrast.

4. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Thanks guys