• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gamma settings on ips monitor?

ironchef

Hey guys what should i set my gamma settings to? Goes from 1.8 to 2.6. Should my rgb be at 100 percent?

rjssigns

Without a monitor profiling solution you're just pis**ng in the wind. And once you get that profiled you need to profile, calibrate and control your input and output devices too. Having a profiled monitor is only useful for soft proofing, it does nothing on the output side.

What you are driving towards is a WYSIWYG workflow. Our shop is getting there slow but sure. Ironic thing is I used the money for buying that equipment going to school to learn how to run it. I will be getting an i1 Publish Pro and upgrading our RIP this fall.

Glad to see you got an IPS monitor though. Only way to fly.

signswi

Hardware calibrate it. i1 if you already have one otherwise a spyder. Until then your gamma should be 2.2 and use the OS's built in eye-ball calibration to set the rest of your levels/brightness/contrast.