• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gandi Jeti 3312 Faded lines

Solventabi2

Hello Deer colleges.

This is my first post, don't know maybe anybody could point int the right direction. We are trying to revive an oldish workhorse.
The problem is that all colors seem to diaper occasionally. This is best seen on dark mono color pictures. We have flushed lines and ink tanks, changed filters and check valves. Low vacuum is set to 24 and is stable 0.2-3 mb deviancy. Secondary ink reservoirs levels stay under thresholds. We have also attached extra cable for high voltage lines, because the wire in wire chain looks a bit crusty.
It also hapens when printing in uni-direction.

I have attached picture of a problem. Maybe there is a guru who could help point in the right direction. Much ablage in advance!
IMG_9003.jpg IMG_9004.jpg

Solventabi2

This is looks like a bad heads alignments (vertical and horizontal)
Checked the Color alignment and vertical test pattern. They aren't perfect, but its close enough for big signs viewed from distance. And i would think that if they wouldn't be aligned properly, it would be consistent over all print, not localized once in a while.

ToTo

Professional Support
Two possibilities: mixture of flush and ink or substrate issue.
Clean substrate partially with ipa and check if it’s still same. Then purge often or empty the reservoir and head to remove flush

serg158

They aren't perfect
From my experience, this is due to the heads alignments (most likely vertical), especially when a small number of passes. How many heads to color you have? 2 or 3? Try a slightly move second or third head inward or outward and make a test print. The main thing - Cyan and Magenta

Solventabi2

From my experience, this is due to the heads alignments (most likely vertical), especially when a small number of passes. How many heads to color you have? 2 or 3? Try a slightly move second or third head inward or outward and make a test print. The main thing - Cyan and Magenta
OK. Will try to do head aligment tomorow, but the thing is that color fades on all of colors on the side color bar, not just cyan and mangeta.
We have 3 heads, and printing at 6 passes and ~130ink limit.

wunder

iam not so familar with the jeti...but seens thats the carriage is running restlessly. check the carriage if drive quietly.....put hand on it.......2nd check encoder + reader.

Solventabi2

Aligned the heads, still the problem persists, tryed more passes, that didn`t help. The encoder was real dirty, and What looks like is a bad encoder or encoder strip. Its changing led color from green to red indicator very often, our other printers encoders stay solid green.