• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gator Vector

acothran

I am looking for a vector version of this gator clip art. I've looked through Action Illustrated and searched the Rival Art and iStock photo websites to no avail. I was just wondering if someone might know where this can be purchased. I also want to mention that I am aware and capable of recreating this in Illustrator, I just thought would ask and possibly save a bit of time.

Thanks,
Allen

Attachments

• Gator-Eyes.jpg
    Gator-Eyes.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 97
I ran it through Google Goggles and all it came back with was as the logo for Goose Creek High School in SC. Knowing how most high schools are, I'd say they poached it from someone else.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
when I am sent jobs that are autotraced it takes less time to start from scratch instead of moving dozens or perhaps hundreds of points to match it correctly

Maybe I am a perfectionist but I think that is what most of my customers expect from me. If this graphic was viewed from far away it might be acceptable

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Color....... what were you ever thinking ?? Shame on you !! :noway:

Heck, it looked good enough to me. :Oops:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
is this ok enough?

Probably for the application as jhill points out. But it does have some easy to spot differences. My point is that an auto trace is, at best, the equivalent of a photocopy. It will have some changes and deterioration in quality from the original. And, in the future, someone else may auto trace your rendering, compounding the loss of quality. For that reason, among many, I simply never auto trace for my customers.