• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC Spire III Laminator problems

Sterling_K

Has anyone had issues with the new BBC spire III laminator. We bought one new almost two years ago and it never worked well. Things start to wrinkle after 4'. We have destroyed thousands of dollars of material. GBC has sent repair guys in numerous times but they have never worked on this unit other than ours. They have a service manual and try to set things up to spec but it has never worked. It is off warranty now and GBC (ACCO) does not seem to have an interest in repairing or replacing this.

DEXRON12

GMP Excelam 1400

I too am having problems with my laminator, I am having the same problem with my laminator. It has never worked right, every time I try laminating the lam starts to wrinkle right away, I have tried everything but nothing helps. The lam is good in the center of the roller but loose on the ends and that causes wrinkles. I have scrapped so much vinyl and it has cost me so much money. I'm at a loss as to what is causing this to happen. My laminator is a GMP Excelam 1400 which is the same model as the GBC titan. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated