• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

GBC Spire III or Mistral 2100 laminator

Bruce Beckerman

I’m looking to lease one of these laminators. Anyone one have good or bad luck with either models? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, BDR

dypinc

I think that those asking about laminators should also mention what you want to use it for. Those of us with lots of laminator use experience could offer a much better answer as to what might be your best fit.

For example I noticed this in the GBC Spire III specifications for reversing the roller " When this button is pressed and held, the rollers will rotate at 3 ft./minute in reverse. Once the REV button is released, the Rollers will stop rotating in reverse". If you are planing on doing lots of vinyl to substrates you surely would not want a feature or maybe I should say lack of feature like that. And when reading the the specs on the Mistral 2100 laminator it does the same thing. What the heck?

How could you work from center out like that if the button needs held down. That might be fine for roll to roll over-lamination but mounting vinyl to a 4 x 8 substrate would be alignment nightmare if you had to start at one end. Maybe others have a method to work around this but I have never used a laminator that could not be be run the same way both direction.

jbtwistmywords

We run the Arkane, Mistrals bigger brother with a heat element. It is a work horse! Laminated 3 rolls of 150' or 450' lineaer ft in less than 3hours.