• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gcc 61 pen blade not working. help!

mystickerdoodle

hello, my tech guy/husband has flown the coop and i have never had to take care of the machines before. the blade fell out and i replaced it with a .25 blade and on the gcc 61 it cuts all the way thru the paper or not at all. i have done a every adjustment i could think of. raising and lowering the blade by half turns and changing force. so i tried the old lynx gcc 30 and got the same results. all or nothing. i have 2 pen blades and tried both. what am i doing wrong?????

visual800

Turning the screw on the blade holder itself will not adjust the blade you physically have to push blade up little by little

mystickerdoodle

hmmm

Turning the screw on the blade holder itself will not adjust the blade you physically have to push blade up little by little
i tried that, and then even upped the force by a lot, and it will score the vinyl but not cut thru the vinyl. this is on the gcc 30. when i do it on the gcc 61, it cuts thru paper