Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gcc puma iii 132

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by bug, Nov 2, 2012.

1. bug

bug Member

Jul 18, 2009
    si
    hello
    anybody knows or use GCC PUMA III 132
    - i would like to know, how is it with contour cutting, how accurate and if it can do jobs consistantly accurate
    here is video of gcc jaguar IV it looks very accurate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug9X1kZpi4&playnext=1&list=PL3EC2337673877289&feature=results_main

can puma do similar job, specialy it would be longer 1-3m with a lot of small circles to contour cut

i looked mimaki cg 130 srII i think they are in approx. same range and quailty , just that puma is cheaper

if there is anything to know , good or bad about it

THANK YOU FOR ANY INFO

Tags:
  2. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Our local awning compnay had one. They only cut vinyl a few times per month. It was good for that. If you pumped it out all day like a sign guy I cannot respond on

3. bug

bug Member

Jul 18, 2009
    si
    i would need more than just cutting vinyl, cutting vinyl can do cheap chinese cutter which im using, and i can do also contour cut with it,
    but now im looking for something more accurate , speed,...
    and graphtec , summa, ... are too expensive for me 130cm - 50inch or more cutting width

4. tjsigns

tjsigns Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Ive used the GCC cutters for the last 5 years and have never had any issues with cutting vinyl. They are very quick and the quality of text even down to 5mm is awsome. My only problem is ive just bought the PUMA III and am having problems with the AAS feature, which basically registers the print before contour cutting. I cant get the cutter to turn on the camera, this may be a problem in my Flexisign software. This is the first time ive used this feature so not sure what i am doing wrong. I have posted a new thread on the subject.
    Hope this helps.